Two markets in one sheet using autopilot

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Two markets in one sheet using autopilot

Postby PantherSports » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi,

for my strategy I need the horse win and place market. I managed to get both markets in one excel sheet using the 'New Grid' option of the trader. But my bot should run on autopilot and change both markets automatically to the new race when the in-play market of the former race closes. That's easy using the 'autopilot'. But unfortunately this only works for a single market. Is there a way to change the win and the place market on autopilot and connect both markets to one excel sheet?

Thanks for your help!
PantherSports

Re: Two markets in one sheet using autopilot

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi PantherSports,

The autopilot only changes the market that is in the main Cymatic window, it does not control separate grid windows that you open with the 'new grid' menu option.

However, there is a way to do what you want! The method described below will enable you to have two autopilots running and connect two separate workbooks (for example if you want to do arbitrage between two similar markets). Anyone reading this, please note you only need to do this if you want two autopilots, in all other cases you can just have two markets in the same workbook (using the 'new grid' technique) with only one instance of Cymatic running.

Firstly open two instances of Cymatic (i.e. use the icon on your desktop to open Cymatic twice). Then set up one instance to have its autopilot point to all the Win markets. Set up the other instance to have its autopilot point to all the Place markets. Connect each instance to Excel, and save the workbooks with names such as WinMarkets.xlsx and PlaceMarkets.xlsx

Now you have two completely unrelated instances of Excel running. Then here comes the clever bit...

(This can either be done in a third instance of Excel that you open in Windows not in Cymatic, or just done in a separate sheet in one of the other two existing instances)

Make the values from one instance of Excel, show in the other instance of Excel, by copying them as links, as shown in this website:

http://www.keynotesupport.com/excel-basics/excel-linking-worksheets.shtml

How to Create the Worksheet Link

Tip: Before creating the link, format the cell containing the link formula in the destination worksheet to equal the format of the source data.

METHOD ONE
1. In the source worksheet, select the cell you want to link to and click the Copy button on the Home tab. Or press Ctrl+C, or right-click and select Copy.
2.Switch to the destination spreadsheet and click the cell where you want the link. Then, depending on your version of Excel: ◦Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013: On the Home tab, click the down arrow below Paste and click Paste Link. In newer versions you may also right-click and select the Paste Link from the Paste menu.
◦Excel 2003 and older versions: On the Edit menu, click Paste Special, and then click Paste Link.
3.Return to the source worksheet and press ESC to remove the animated border around the cell.

METHOD TWO

This is a fast method that works in a different order than Method One.
1.In the destination worksheet cell that will contain the link formula, enter an equal sign (=).
2.In the source worksheet, click in the cell that contains the data and press the Enter key.

Linking a Range of Cells

To link a range of cells in the spreadsheet, select the cells and click the Copy button. In the destination worksheet, click the cell where you want the upper-left cell of the range of cells to be located. Then Paste Link as directed above.

So after pasting as a link, using the 2nd method, you might end up with a formula looking like this:

Code: Select all
=[WinMarkets.xls]Cymatic!$J$8

So this formula would refer cell J8 in the Cymatic sheet, in the Workbook called WinMarkets.xlsx.

You'd have this link/formula in either a third separate workbook or in the PlaceMarkets one, depending one where you want your logic and where the orders are going to be generated, because this workbook needs to be able to send orders using the Cymatic command columns, so it probably means putting your logic into one of the first two instances.

Or if you use the longer method of putting links (mentioned in that website above), then the formula would look like this:

=Excel.Sheet.8|'C:\Users\Gavin\Documents\WinMarkets'!'!Cymatic!R4C3'

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby PantherSports » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi Gavin,

all works as described. Thank you very much for your kind support!
PantherSports

Postby brianbaru » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:11 am

Hi

How do I set up the 'new grid' technique on an excel spreadsheet?

If i'm attempting to have the correct score market for example the Arsenal Barcelona and Chelsea games in one workbook on different worksheets can i do this using the 'new grid' technique ?
brianbaru

Postby xplayer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi brianbaru,

I think the link below will possibly put you on the right track.

topic825.html#p3899

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:29 pm

brianbaru wrote:Hi

How do I set up the 'new grid' technique on an excel spreadsheet?

If i'm attempting to have the correct score market for example the Arsenal Barcelona and Chelsea games in one workbook on different worksheets can i do this using the 'new grid' technique ?

It sounds like you are not asking about the autopilot, but instead you simply want to open more than one match in the same workbook. To do that you must open multiple grids in Cymatic, one for each market. To open a 'new grid' you must right click on the market name in the Navigator in the main Cymatic window and then choose 'New Grid'. By that, I mean click on the actual market name, for example click on 'Match Odds', which is inside the event / match name (Arsenal v Barcelona) in the Navigator list.

Then each grid has a button to connect it to Excel. Browse to the spreadsheet file or leave it blank if you want them all to just link to a new workbook (Book1.xls).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby brianbaru » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Gavin
Thanks, that works. Great software
brianbaru

Postby xplayer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:42 am

Hi Gavin,

Looks like I misunderstood - thanks for explaining it so well to brianbaru.

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby brianbaru » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 pm

I've linked two workbooks as described in this link but when I open them in two different instances of Cymatic Trader such as win and place autopilot the two workbooks link to the saved versions of the workbooks not the open workbooks. I am using Excel 2013 and Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Brian
brianbaru

Postby Gavin » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Hi Brian,

Perhaps you used the second style of formula that I mentioned, rather than the first.

Try the first style, this one:

=[WinMarkets.xls]Cymatic!$J$8

rather than the full path name.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Help / Support