New Betfair API (API-NG)

General announcements and other important news

New Betfair API (API-NG)

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Betfair have recently introduced a new API format, called 'API-NG'. They are planning to retire the old API (API version 6) in November 2014, meaning that all trading software must be migrated from API-6 to API-NG, or stop working! In the meantime, both the old API and the new API are working in parallel.

As you can imagine, the migration is a huge amount of work for all software vendors, including Cymatic. All my time is currently being devoted to migrating the Cymatic software to make it use only the new Betfair API. The work is already well underway and on schedule to be completed before the November deadline. Unfortunately this means that I am currently unable to add any other new features to Cymatic whilst I am focusing on the migration work!

The Cymatic software will continue working seamlessly without any interruption to users. When the new version of Cymatic is ready and approved by Betfair, the current version will automatically upgrade itself. The Cymatic migration will take place as soon as possible, but obviously before the November deadline, I will announce it in due course.

There are several new features that I am already planning to add to Cymatic software. So once the migration work is finished you will start to see exciting new features being added to Cymatic again. The new Betfair API format is potentially more efficient and also makes it easier to filter or search for specific races or matches, so Cymatic will take advantage of these benefits this in due course.

Best wishes,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: New Betfair API (API-NG)

Postby peleus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Just want to ask for an update to this please if there are some features already. There has been an update on the developer's side this year by the way.

https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... ith+API-NG
We only live once. Image
peleus

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:39 pm

peleus wrote:Just want to ask for an update to this please if there are some features already. There has been an update on the developer's side this year by the way.

Hi Peleus,
Sorry, it will be several weeks, or perhaps even months before I complete this work. I will provide updates in due course, but I can confirm that the work is progressing according to plan.
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue May 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to tell you that I have been making good progress migrating the Cymatic software, so that it is ready to work with the new Betfair API. In fact, the majority of the migration work has been done but I probably wont be ready to release the new Cymatic version for several weeks yet. Hopefully it will be ready for release during the summer.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:52 pm

Betfair intend to switch off the current API (version 6) on 31st October 2014 and thus force all software to use the next generation API (API-NG) from that date onwards. I have been working for several months to prepare Cymatic for the migration and obviously intend to be ready long before the deadline. Several aspects to the API-NG are still evolving and some parts of the new API are still not released by Betfair. So this has been a lengthy and complex project for me.

I am still hoping to release a new API-NG compatible version of Cymatic during or towards the end of the summer.

Kind regards,

Gavin
:ugeek:
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby NemID » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:05 pm

Hi Gavin,

Try to not forget you friends from Denmark and they specific problem with Nemidhttp://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic94.html?hilit=nemid#p753
NemID

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:23 am

Hi, don't worry I haven't forgotten Danish users and I am still working hard migrating to the new Betfair API, which is essential in order to enable the NemID login.

Best wishes,

Gavin
:)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:49 pm

A new version that works with Betfair's new API format, is ready and is undergoing testing. It has already been submitted to Betfair (earlier this week) and once they test it and give their approval, it will be released.

It will include some enhancements, such as an option to display Betfair's virtual prices, plus support for Danish users.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:05 am

I am pleased to confirm that the migration project has now been completed and the new version released.

For full details of the new version please see here:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic297.html

It has been a long time coming, about an extra year of work full time!

Enjoy!

Best wishes,

Gavin
:)
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements by Cymatic