Connecting to Betfair from Denmark - RESOLVED

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Connecting to Betfair from Denmark - RESOLVED

Postby stanislavsky » Mon May 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Today I have downloaded and installed the program. I have activate my account - but I cannot submit " Vendor Software Activation" - I have money on my account - can you help me??
stanislavsky

Re: Cannot connect to Betfair (from Denmark)

Postby Gavin » Mon May 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for your message. I have just been informed of the reason by another in Denmark, who contacted Betfair:

Good Day.

Just spoke with Betfair support.

In Denmark we logon using "Secure ID" via JAVA Applet. "same as for homebanking etc.

Until all software developers incl Betfair will comply with the Java applett secure logon. The the Danish authorities have closed down API software to secure the user from "hackers".

Betfair claim the will have the API to comply with DK rules ready in approx
2 months ?????

I.e this means that I cannot use your link to get approved in Betfair .

So I am sorry but it looks like Danish users cannot use Betfair API at the moment. Hopefully Betfair and the Danish authorities will resolve this situation soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue May 28, 2013 10:04 am

The actual Cymatic software does not use Java, but as you discovered you can't use the software without completing the Betfair activation process yourself first.

I am not sure what sort of block is being done in Denmark, but you might be able to visit the Betfair link through a Proxy (for example hidemyass.com), or a VPS based in UK if you are really determined. Then afterwards you would hopefully be able to use Cymatic from your home computer in Denmark. However, it might be unwise to do all that because you might eventually need to access the Betfair website naturally from Denmark sometimes too, which would be a problem.

Can you still access the Betfair website?
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Another user from Denmark just reported the same problem to me. I just wondered if any Betfair traders in Denmark have managed to solve this yet, for example by using a proxy or a VPS?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby peleus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:08 pm

Betfair doesn't have plans on stopping to offer service in Denmark right? I've read somewhere about this but can't really get a confirmation.
We only live once. Image
peleus

Postby Gavin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 pm

peleus wrote:Betfair doesn't have plans on stopping to offer service in Denmark right? I've read somewhere about this but can't really get a confirmation.

I don't know for sure, but I am not aware of any Betfair plans to stop offering a service in Denmark. Perhaps try asking Betfair on twitter (@betfairCS)

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby NemID » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Gavin wrote:I am not sure what sort of block is being done in Denmark, but you might be able to visit the Betfair link through a Proxy (for example hidemyass.com), or a VPS based in UK if you are really determined. Then afterwards you would hopefully be able to use Cymatic from your home computer in Denmark. However, it might be unwise to do all that because you might eventually need to access the Betfair website naturally from Denmark sometimes too, which would be a problem.

Can you still access the Betfair website?

We still have access to the betfair website. By the way we pay a special tax on benefits. The problem is we have only access with the browser platform (because Betfair did had the Nemid system only there) but not with the API one.

Gavin wrote:Hi there,

Thank you for your message. I have just been informed of the reason by another in Denmark, who contacted Betfair:

Good Day.

Betfair claim the will have the API to comply with DK rules ready in approx
2 months
?????

Gavin

As they say "approx" ....no news about any implementation of NemId (the Danish 2 steps authentication)?

NemID

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:38 pm

I am currently migrating Cymatic software to use the new Betfair API format (API-NG). The new Betfair API will be jurisdictionally aware, so it will be able to implement the Danish 2 step authentication process, assuming that Betfair have set it up to do so. It is a very big job to migrate the Cymatic software to the new Betfair API so will not happen quickly, but the work is already progressing well.
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby NemID » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 am

Thanks Gavin! (Thanksgiving! ok ok it is not funny and i am not the first one to do it but it makes me laugh) :lol:
NemID

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:51 pm

A new version that works with Betfair's new API format, is ready and is undergoing testing. It has already been submitted to Betfair and once they test it and give their approval, it will be released.

It will include some enhancements, such as an option to display Betfair's virtual prices, plus support for Danish users!

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Help / Support