Liability column

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Liability column

Postby Angelo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 am

Just as a 'Green To' column is available in Cymatic, is it possible to add a 'Total Liability' column, so that the liability amount can be known readily while greening out?

Since we need to have a betting bank more than our liability at any time, this can help in avoiding failed Trades because of 'No funds in Account' situations.

Any comments?

Thanks!

(I know Gavin is quite busy. So I don't expect it to be implemented sooner. But can it be an option to be considered later?)
Angelo

Re: Liability column

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi Angelo,

Wouldn't the total liability simply be the profit/loss amount shown beside each runner in the grid and at the top of the ladder and in the Profit column in Excel?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:30 am

Thanks for chiming in, Gavin, in spite of your busy schedule.

Sorry for not being clear in my earlier post.

I hope my attached screenshot can help in understanding my question.

I have placed a $10 back bet at odds of 5.5 in the sample race.

Sample.jpg

If at a later time, I wish to green out, I need to have some minimum balance in my account, as explained by you at topic1068.html .

If I green out at the original odds of 5.5 itself [for a no profit/loss situation], my minimum balance should be $45.00 .

If I green out at odds of 4.4 [for a profit of $2.50], my minimum balance should be $42.50 .

If I green (i.e. red) out at odds of 6.8 [for a loss of $1.91], my minimum balance should be $46.91 .

These minimum balances need to be calculated every time manually. Instead of that, if the minimum balance required to be in the account [i.e., $46.91, $45.00, $42.50, etc. in the above] can be shown against each Odds, just as the 'Green To' column is shown, it would be useful in the above situation.

The display of the new column can be made optional, just like many other columns, so that only those who require it can display it.

It is this 'minimum balance required to be in the account' that was referred to as 'total liability' in my last post.

In fact, if this feature was already present, the mentioned topic could have been avoided.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:23 pm

Thanks for your message. I understand now.

I can see why you would want this, but please note that the size of the minimum balance needed for greening is zero. For example, you stated:

Angelo wrote:If I green out at the original odds of 5.5 itself [for a no profit/loss situation], my minimum balance should be $45.00 .

but actually the funds required for this greening bet would be zero. You have a potential gain of $45 on the first bet, and a potential loss of $45 on the greening bet, hence zero funds are required to send the second bet (the greening bet). $45 of funds are required to send the first bet only, but no extra funds are required to send the second bet.

You just need the difference between the potential gain versus the potential loss of the two bets. If the second bet is a greening bet, then no extra funds are required to place the second bet, because the second bet is always reduced your overall liability.

Extra funds are only require if the second bet increases your overall liability, which is never the case with a greening bet (or stop loss bet) unless you choose to increase the size of the second bet beyond what is needed for greening.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Thank You for the detailed clarifications, Gavin.

So, this means, if I bet the FULL amount in my betting bank of say, $100, on 4 different runners in a single race, I can green (or red) out in-play for a profit (or loss) without having a single penny in my account. But if I place a Lay bet in-play as an offset to a Back bet placed earlier, the Lay bet would not get placed if the betting bank does not have the required minimum amount - even though the placed Lay bet could result in a profit for me.

Am I right?

Sorry for the newbie question; your answer would be useful to others too.

Thanks!
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi Angelo,

Yes that is correct, unless any of the bets are less than the minimum stake in which case you'd need to have the minimum stake in your funds available.

If any of the greening bets are less than the minimum stake, then they have to be submitted by the software in 3 step to bypass the minimum stake rules. This is done automatically by the software. The first step is that it sends a bet for the minimum stake at a safe price, then modifies its size and then moves the bet to the required price.

So as an extreme example, if you started with only £2 in your account, then sent your first bet for £1, there would only be £1 of funds left in your account. So you would not be able to send a second bet for £1 to offset the first bet (because you need to always have at least £2 in your account).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Angelo wrote:......But if I place a Lay bet in-play as an offset to a Back bet placed earlier, the Lay bet would not get placed if the betting bank does not have the required minimum amount - even though the placed Lay bet could result in a profit for me.....

Gavin wrote:.......Yes that is correct, unless any of the bets are less than the minimum stake in which case you'd need to have the minimum stake in your funds available.....

In that case, having a ready-reference to the minimum amounts required to place the bets against each odds would be handy, instead of manually calculating it every time.

Would it be possible to add such a column? Not urgent, but as a useful addition in due course....
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:05 am

Hi Angelo,

Yes that would be possible and I'll aim to add it in the future, but at this stage I can't estimate when that will be.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:16 pm

Thank You, Gavin, for the consideration.
Angelo

Return to Suggestions