Disappearing Bets in Demo Mode

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Disappearing Bets in Demo Mode

Postby paparlz » Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm

I'm trying to develop an Excel based trading bot. But testing the strategy is proving more or less impossible due the fact that if a bet has been partially matched, leaving a smallish residual unmatched stake, then I have observed that this small residual bet can simply disappear from the working bets list without registering as a matched bet. I have screen captures (horse racing) to illustrate this but am unable to post them here. Thanks for any thoughts/help/explanation of this.
paparlz

Re: Disappearing Bets in Demo Mode

Postby Gavin » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:35 pm

Hi paparlz,

I see that you are doing this is demo mode.

When you say that the residual bets disappears from the workig bet lists "without registering as a matched bet", do you mean that nothing happens in Excel to show that the residual bet has been matched in the command columns, or that it fails to appear in the Matched Bets list in the Cymatic window?

I presume it is the former. The columns to the right of the command column in Excel, simply show the results of the initial bet submission, they won't show matches (full or partial) that occur later if any part of the bet would have not been instantly matched upon submission.

In which case, you should be looking at the Bet summary columns in Excel, because those are updated as the information changes. So you will see the difference in the summary columns and be able to deduce matches (even in demo mode).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby paparlz » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:38 am

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your reply and apologies for originally posting under the wrong topic by mistake. Yes, the bets are disappearing from the Cymatic window.

I have a specific example (with screen captures) of a trade to lay £2.25 @ 10 and to back £2.15 @10.5; these bets are placed and appear in the working bets window. Then £1.82 of the lay bet is matched, appearing in the Cymatic matched bets window, leaving 43p in the Cymatic working bets window; at this point the unmatched back bet and the residual 43p lay bet are also showing in the ladder window. Approximately two minutes later, the 43p lay bet has disappeared from the working bets window but has not appeared in the matched bets window; also, at this same time, the ladder window is showing an unmatched lay bet of 1p which seems to imply that 42p has been matched? There is no sign of this matched 42p lay bet in either the main Cymatic matched bets window or the matched bets window within the ladder interface?

Regards,
paparlz
paparlz

Postby Gavin » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:36 am

Hi paparlz,

Thanks for the extra information. I've had a think through what you described, but I haven't come up with a definite explanation yet.

It would be helpful if I can just check a few things if possible:

1. Have you done any coding in Excel that might be intercepting things? Such as putting a formula in cells that uses the CANCEL command phrase? Or are you using any macros, or sub routines written in the Visual Basic Editor?

2. Don't risk money to answer this question, but can you just tell me know if you've already tested this scenario with real money instead of just in demo mode please.

3. Does it occur every time when there is a small residual unmatched bet, or just occasionally?

4. Are you using any managed betting features such as stop loss, tick offset, fill or kill, etc?

5. Does it correlate to the race going in-play?

It might help if I could see the screenshots. Ki think you should be able to post them as attachments to a forum message, or if not then please just email them to me (support@cy....).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs