Scalping based on PIQ

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Scalping based on PIQ

Postby gitsurf » Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Hi,
Love the program and I'm a long-time user. I just wondered if there is any way to configure it in Excel (or otherwise) to seek out a lay price close to the trading range but where there is very little money in front of you in the queue?
I tend to trade pre-match in tennis, and then use that profit to dip in and out during in-play at below 1.10, but it only works where there are 'gaps' - i.e. I'm at the front of the queue and am just taking a snap 1 tick profit out of the noise.
Don't know if that's possible but would love to hear your thoughts
Thanks
Mat
gitsurf

Re: Scalping based on PIQ

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:54 pm

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your message and your nice comments.

I'm away for a few days at the moment, but I will consider that question properly and get back to you asap upon my return.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Scalping based on PIQ

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi Mat,

Perhaps you might consider preloading your lay bets at 1.10, 1.0, 1.08 etc, long before the market reaches those levels and when there is very little other money at those levels. This would ensure you claim a good queue position. However you'd need to be organised to cancel the bets when the market price approaches them if you don't like any of the conditions you see at the time.

Alternatively, you could certainly program something in Excel to automate the bet placement in-play, or to initiate the cancellation of any preloaded bets. You might even find that you can do what you want just with some carefully chosen Excel formulae, rather than having to program it in the Visual Basic Editor in Excel.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions