Cymatic ceases to be free

General announcements and other important news

Re: Cymatic ceases to be free

Postby Tornado » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Gavin wrote:Hi Tornado,

I don't think I am likely to be able to create a free version with reduced features within a reasonable time frame for you at the moment, sorry. It might be something that I do in the future.

With best wishes,

Gavin

Thanks Gavin. I will check back over time for a free version. Since training mode doesn't bring cash flow into people's accounts to justify paid subscriptions, can I suggest enabling the training mode within the free version in the future?
Tornado

Postby Tornado » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:25 pm

whitesnake wrote:
Tornado wrote:Thank you for creating an excellent piece of software and providing it for free over the past 3 years. However, in my specific instance because I lack the time to learn BF trading properly, I cannot cover your licensing fees with my highly infrequent trades. Lately I've been using your software in training mode and trying to learn the trading world more, however, I no longer have access to this feature and no other BF program is providing the training mode without a subscription, sigh.

Are you planning on creating a FREE version (feature subset) of Cymatic Trader, similar to BetAngel Basic? I will be happy to use this FREE product to continue learning, but until then, I may need to use BetAngel Basic, BetFair Rapid or something else in the meantime.

Hi,

you can use micro stakes which do not hurt when lost for learning and testing

This requires the paid subscription which needs to be offset by cash flow from the market. Small bets still become an issue because once you BACK and LAY several times, I easily get confused which one I need to rebalance and generate the green. For example within a single horse pre-race, I LAY 6, 7, or 8 times (I cannot remember how many), I BACKED 6, 7 or 8 times (I cannot remember how many) ... do I BACK or LAY next?

Gavin: Maybe you can add a counter for the number of BACK and LAY trades made for easy tracking?
Tornado

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi Tornado,

OK, thanks for the suggestions. You could always consider closing traders with the Green To column on the ladder, which would choose the correct closing bet for you. You could also tick the 'Average odds' check box on the grid, thus you would see your net staked position in the matched bet list in the bottom right corner of the grid.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Tornado » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:21 am

Hi Gavin,

The Green To column on the ladder works excellent when greening is available. However, at times I may see a negative (loss) there because, for example, a successful BACK bet might not have a matching LAY bet (lower odds). In other words, when you BACK and LAY multiple times and you see negative money in the green column, I'm never sure if I need to BACK or LAY to green it .... I loose track of my bets.

The average odds might be good on the grid (haven't used it before), but I was trying to learn the ladder because this is preferred for traders and the average option is not available on the ladder, right? In either case, I'm unable to test this feature since the program is expired. Just un-installing the program now too.

Thanks Gavin, keep up the good work with the program.
Tornado

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Tornado,

That is correct, the average odds feature is on the grid only, not the ladder. Perhaps you would just need to position the ladder in such a way that you can still see the average odds of the grid behind in on the right hand corner of the screen.

You can still use the Green To column, even if it is red, it will always even out your position (spread the profit or loss evenly, which is not quite the same as making even stakes on both sides).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby rowbot » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi Gavin

I too am like tornado. I haven't actually placed any "real" trades this year (except a real bet on the grand national) and had been awaiting the excel integration which came recently. I have been extensively testing this in demo mode.

Although I totally understand your need to make a living from cymatic and thank you for the amazing free product I've used for that past year or so, I did wonder why you didn't provide a free product that has demo only enabled. This I could still definitely use as I'm still developing.
Surely this would enable people to trial a product to their hearts content and that would end up with more subscriptions.

Either way, I wish you all the best and thank you again for the hours of fun that I've had up until now.

Kind regards
Rowbot
rowbot

Postby Gavin » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Hi Rowbot,

Thank you for your kind message, I am glad that you have enjoyed experimenting using the software.

I will give it some more thought about whether it might be sensible commercially to offer a demo mode only version. However I suspect that it might not be sensible to offer the current product in demo mode only, because Betfair might then insist on me converting it to use their separate delayed data stream, which is not ideal for practising and also lacks some important aspects of the data. I seem to recall that their delayed data feed lacks any volume matched data, which would prevent the Position in Queue from working and some other features probably too.

Whereas at present, Cymatic always uses real-time data.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby rowbot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Gavin wrote: However I suspect that it might not be sensible to offer the current product in demo mode only, because Betfair might then insist on me converting it to use their separate delayed data stream, which is not ideal for practising
Gavin

I didn't realise that. Obviously that wouldn't serve any real purpose for testing strategies. That said though, I would have thought that the argument that I put forward for you offering unlimited free demo would surely benefit BF also.
It's better to have someone spend 6 months developing a plan and then using real money than to give a few weeks free and not come up with a plan and pack up without spending. I would have thought BF would see this as benefiting them.
Either way, I wish you well.
Rowbot
rowbot

Postby Gavin » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi Rowbot,

Thanks for your thoughts again. Sorry, I suspect that Betfair prefers revenues to be generated in return for allowing people to use their live data. Its not something I really know about much, but it seems to be their approach as far as I can tell.

All the best,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Balihai » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 am

Gavin
Trying to pay for the software, but when I log in there is no page to allow me to pay (just the blank home screen).
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Balihai

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements by Cymatic