Problems caused by anti-virus software

General announcements and other important news

Problems caused by anti-virus software

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm

Commercial anti-virus software is generally just a nuisance because it is too aggressive, in my opinion. Often it will block a program for no good reason, other than that it is a new version of a program or has not been seen enough times by the software (hence its reputation starts at a low score). Even good software such as Cymatic, which has been digitally signed by a recognised certification authority, can still get blocked sometimes, by overly aggressive anti-virus software.

To solve this, you would need to set your anti-virus software to allow Cymatic, or better still just get rid of the anti-virus software. Windows 10 (and Windows 8 also I think) contains Windows Defender which protects you from viruses. Earlier versions of Windows can use Microsoft Security Essentials which protects against viruses. Both are free.

After deactivating your anti-virus software, or setting it to allow Cymatic, you might still need to remove traces of the failed installation of Cymatic, before beginning a new installation, otherwise the new installation of Cymatic will fail. This is explained in the forum here:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic143.html#p591

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Problems caused by anti-virus software

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:21 am

Update:

I am pleased to announce that Cymatic has recently obtained whitelisted status by a number of the leading anti-virus software programs.

However, if you discover an anti-virus software that still isn't compatible with Cymatic, please send me a message telling me the name and version of the anti-virus software. Then I can attempt to contact the relevant anti-virus company to submit a copy of the Cymatic software to them for testing and whitelisting.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements by Cymatic