Autopilot advances when race goes in-play - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Autopilot advances when race goes in-play - RESOLVED

Postby Cym27 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but on the odd occasion (I haven't found any common cause) when connected to Excel with the Autopilot running and the Trigger set to "End of In-play", when a race goes In-play the Autopilot jumps on to the next race.

Any advice?

Thanks, Steve.
Cym27

Re: Autopilot jumps to next horse race when race goes in-pla

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:42 pm

Hi Steve,

I seem to recall that Betfair very occasionally make a small 'mistake' in how they put races in play. The autopilot trigger, EndOfInPlay, is triggered when the race is both in-play and suspended. Normally Betfair will only make both of these conditions true at the end of the race, but on rare occasions they seem to mistakenly do this at the start of the race, causing the autopilot to skip the race.

It is hard to overcome this problem without introducing other conditions that are not always going to suffice either. I don't think it occurs often, but if it is doing so then please inform me, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Cym27 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Thanks, Gavin. It isn't as often as once a day, but it happened yesterday and again today. Prior to that it was 5 or 6 days previously.

Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

Postby Gavin » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:36 am

OK thanks Steve. If in the future, I can find a way to eliminate it further then I will endeavour to do so.
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby sjaak1943 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:02 pm

X minutes before the start of a race?
Sjaak

To make a bot is easier then making money with it!
sjaak1943

Postby Cym27 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes, sjaak, it's several minutes before the start of the next race.
Cym27

Postby sjaak1943 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:15 am

I mean, if we could choose to switch X-minutes before a race starts to the next race, we should not have that problem. I believe, it's on the to-do-list from Gavin.
Sjaak

To make a bot is easier then making money with it!
sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks Sjaak. Yes that is on the to do list. :)

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby torkop » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I have been using the same Excel spreadsheet for just over a year now attached to Cymatic and have noted since Saturday that a lot of horse races (I would estimate 40%) are not going in-play even though the AutoPilot is set to change at the end of the race.

Nothing has changed and I have no idea why this might be. At the race-off the Auto-Pilot has been jumping to the next race selected. Has anyone else found the same or have any suggestions?

I assume the weather being so hot is just coincidental.... ;)
torkop

Postby Gavin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi torkop,

I presume that this doesn't coincide with any changes in settings at your end?

I wonder if a race operator at Betfair is pushing the buttons in the wrong order when they start a race. I seem to recall that they usually momentarily suspend the race, then in-suspend it and set it to in-play. If they set it to in-play on a refresh cycle that occurs before they in-suspend it, then it might fool the software into thinking that the race has ended (because suspended and in-play at the same time is only supposed to occur when the race has finished running).

When the problem occurs, does always happen in the exact moment when the race starts, or does it sometimes jump forward randomly before the race even starts (several minutes or seconds before the off)?

I am not using the same auto-pilot trigger as you, so I can't confirm whether it is a widespread problem that others are also seeing. If others have seen the same pattern since Saturday then it would be interesting to hear from them.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs