Profitable system

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

Profitable system

Postby garwoodstud » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 pm

I really don't like the stress involved in scalping although I have had some success with it. Is anyone willing to give me a hint what automated systems I should investigate that may give me a moderate profit without sitting at the computer all day. I'm in Australia so automated betting on UK races would be a good option.
garwoodstud

Re: Profitable system

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:55 am

Hi garwoodstud,

For fully automated strategies, there are a number of developing automated strategies to experiment with, in the section in the forum for sample Excel spreadsheets. For example, in there you'll find my LayTheField3 spreadsheet to try out to see if you can make a success with it. See also the video that I made about that spreadsheet. Hopefully some of the sample spreadsheets will be food for thought.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby garwoodstud » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:08 am

Thanks for that Gavin.
I have been playing with your Lay the Field SS, I tried it last night, I left my system on Autopilot for the UK races with the LTF file connected. I had the idea of trying your system Laying Place markets looking to get matched on 4 horses but noticed I was not getting matched on a lot of the bets, I thought I should have at least got matched on 3 horses and lost some money but most races only got matched on 1 or 2 horse, I put this down to slow response time either from Australia or the time it takes getting the bets from the LTF file into the market compared to if I Lay the Field up front where the bet is sitting on Betfair waiting to be matched.
Also the example Front Runner File from the forum doesn't seem to work for me, an error in the cells related to race distances comes up once connected to Cymatic. I don't know anything about programing in Excel and still a novice on trading.
Thanks,
Dave
garwoodstud

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:42 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the feedback.

Any questions relating to the HorseFrontRunner spreadsheet would be best posted in the conversation about that strategy, so that someone involved in it can see the message. Just in case you didn't notice, for that HorseFrontRunner sheet, the latest version is posted regularly near the end of the conversation, not added to the first version posted at the start of the conversation.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby axaxi » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:24 pm

thank you for feedback
axaxi

Return to Newbie Island