Blank screen - no markets appear after login

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Blank screen - no markets appear after login

Postby persepolis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:35 am

When attempting to use Cymatic in demo mode for the first time no markets appeared. The menu in the left-hand column was completely blank.
persepolis

Re: Blank screen

Postby Gavin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Persepolis,

Are you in a country in which Betfair is currently not available (such as Portugal) or where it uses a different exchange (Italy and Spain)?

Here is an announcement about the situation in Portugal:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic657.html#p2929

If you are not in such a country, then try logging in again. Sometimes the API call to get the market list might fail if the internet is congested. You can logout and login from the File menu, without having to close the whole program. Each time you login, the software will request the market list again.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Blank screen

Postby persepolis » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:49 am

Dear Gavin,
thank you for a considered reply. Employing your advice of logging-out and logging-in via file menu was the precise cure.
persepolis

Re: Blank screen - no markets appear after login

Postby Betbird » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi Gavin, i have same problem when i try to login, your software log me in at betfair but im not activating your extra login questions for danish users. And in the end your software dont allow me to pay anywhere - maybe cuz it wont let me in properly.
Wish you a happy new year
Betbird

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Hi Betbird,

Thanks, Happy New Year to you too.

The two stage login requires you to use the Standard Login option, not the Minimal one. Are you using the Standard Login option?

If you are still having problems please explain more about exactly what stage you get to and what error message or screen you see when it gets stuck during login, possibly with a screen shot. Thanks.

Also please tell me which version of Windows and which version of Internet Explorer you are using.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Betbird » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:19 am

Hi again,

I use the right login, but when i add my login at first step, it does not ask me about second login step. It just open betfair as if i try to open betfair without cymatic, AND it open the cymatic trader but im not logged in at the cymatic trader, and cant login.

I use windows 8.1 , im not sure what browser i use, i think i use google chrome

Im not sure if you remember me, but i used to use cymatic trader just a few months ago, so i know it should be able to work on my pc - i think

Hope you can work it out, thanks
Betbird

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Hi Betbird,

This problem occrued in a previous version of Cymatic. Which version are you using? You will find it in the help menu. It should always keep itself updated to the latest version, automatically each time you open the software, so I would be surprised if you are not on the latest version. See version history section in forum to view latest version that you should be on.

Another issue that could cause that would be if you have an old version of Internet Explorer. The Standard Login option requires you to have a recent version of it installed on your computer. Please open I.E. and look to see which version you have and ensure that it accepts session cookies in the Internet Options.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Betbird » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:25 am

Hi Gavin

Cymatic trader is version 4.18.1.0 (is it old?)

My internet explorer is version 11 (i think it should update itselve)
Betbird

Postby Betbird » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:25 am

Gavin now i tryed delete and download new version but still dont help.

It seem to me like i fullfill the two step login, but your two step login does only activate my betfair account that open in another window, and cymatic open but it is not connected to the two step login, so it open up without sending me to payment option/and without connecting my cymatic trader to my betfair account.

It used to log me into cymatic trader and connect cymatic to betfair quote system. That has changed!!! Now you log me into Betfair! Not Cymatic . i think you tell software that when i login software should log me in to betfair by my login, and open cymatic. You were really supposed to say when i log in open cymatic add login to betfair through cymatic, open the software incl login and open without open Betfair!! It would be good if both cymatic and betfair open when logged in - BUT we do not need the betfair homepage login, that is an error you made compared to old version. Do you understand the issue? You open betfair homepage for me not cymatic.

Best regards
Betbird

Postby Gavin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Hi Betbird,

Yes that is the latest version of Cymatic. Here are the release notes from the version history section of the forum:

Version 4.18.1.0 Release notes

In fact, that version was released to solve a problem very similar to what you are describing. Cymatic Standard Login option used to open an emulated Internet Explorer Browser within a separate Cymatic window. Now in the new version it opens the Standard login within a completely separate instance (process) of Internet Explorer, again in a separate window, using the latest version of Internet Explorer that is installed on your computer. This solve the problems of using the emulated Internet Explorer embedded in a window, because it tended to emulate older out of date versions of Internet Explorer.

In both cases the Standard login takes place in a separate window, but as soon as it succeeds Cymatic should close the separate login window and proceed to display the markets in the Cymatic window. If the login gets stuck and does not notify the other Cymatic window correctly, then the login window doesn't get closed, instead it stays open and displays the Betfair home page. This is not by design, it is just what happens when the correct login information is not passed to the Cymatic window from the login window.

Initially I thought that the problem you are experiencing might be caused by the two stage Danish login interfering with the communication between the Cymatic window and the separate login window. However, I have done a search of my database and found several Danish users who are paying a subscription and using the software, but have not had any problems, so I am starting to think that the two stage Danish login might not be the cause of the problem.

Yes, Internet Explorer 10 should work OK.

Is it possible that your settings in Internet Explorer are too aggressive. Try switching the security level from High to Medium, in the settings. Also try changing the settings to allow all cookies. Also change it to allow JavaScript. Please tell me if any of those help, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Help / Support