Blank screen - no markets appear after login

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: Blank screen - no markets appear after login

Postby Cumbrian » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi
I have a slight variation of the blank screen issue, as I can't even get to login to Betfair.
I am using Win 10 and Firefox 48.0.2
After installing and validating the software today I tried to login but it came up with an error message.
I read some of the posts above and tried to login again (and again) but the error message just comes up every time.
It says:- "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID (0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046) failed due to the following error.
80080005 server execution failed (Exception from HRESULLT:0x80080005(CO_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)
Details Continue Quit
Clicking on Details opens up an extension to the message:-
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
Going to the end of that message (as suggested) reveals teh following:-
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Hope that helps you (as it doesn't mean anything to me, sorry)
Help!!
Cumbrian

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:09 am

Hi Cumbrian,

One solution to that problem is just to use the 'Minimal Login' option. If you don't have Internet Explorer installed on your computer then you won't be able to use the 'Standard Login' option. The minimal option is fine and works for everybody (apart from countries such as Denmark or people who have opted to use Betfair's two stage login process). Once logged in, functionality is identical.

The error message that you saw has already been discussed here:

CO_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

no markets showing

Postby honestmicky28 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi can any one help.
I have used other betting tools but would like to try out Cymatic, however when I open up no markets are appearing? I am using windows 10 on a 64 bit pc,
I have eased all my security settings but to no avail. any suggestions

Cheers
honestmicky28

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hi honestmicky28,

Thanks for posting your message in the forum. I have moved it to this section, which has previously discussed the same problem. As mentioned in the discussion, I think the solutions generally are either just using the 'Minimal Login' instead of the 'Standard Login' option, or just go to the File menu and choose logout and then go to the File menu again and choose login.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby honestmicky28 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi
I have tried loging in several times both methods and from the file menu,I have also been through the help forum which I refered to before I posed the query and am still stuck with no markets, any suggestions.
just a thought, tried to update flash player not sure if it was an old version I was running. when I try to login in the 2 stage method now the login page opens up a betfair window which is not loged in , if I attemp to open this up and login the error it gives is sintactically in correct with the general error page 404.
honestmicky28

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi honestmicky28,

There are two types of 'two stage' login:

1. Secondary login procedures required by legislation in some countries such as Denmark, which requires a NemID during the login, this applies to Danish users only.
2. Betfair's Two Stage Verification option which is an additional security feature that any user can setup on their Betfair account.

I assume that 2. applies to you, if so, then please read this existing discussion:

Two stage verification login

Basically it explains that you should add the verification code onto the end of your password, when logging in via Cymatic. I think this works in the Minimal Login, but it might also work in the Standard login.

I haven't been able to test it, but I would expect that the Standard Login method is capable of prompting you for the verification code, assuming you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed on you computer. If you can login with Internet Explorer (without Cymatic), then you should be able to login with Cymatic's 'Standard Login' method because it uses Internet Explorer as the engine to display the login page.

The Minimal Login option doesn't use a web browser, so it avoids any browser incompatibility issues.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby honestmicky28 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi
Still unable to get the markets to load, folowed your link to the verification code instruction but I have been unable to find out how to get a verification code as in the security page at betfair it tells you what it is but not how to get one, betfair when asked told me to speak to the api supplier.

Sadly back to betangel as I can wait no longer.
honestmicky28

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Hi honestmicky28,

Sorry, seems I may have been confused. So from what you have said, I now understand that you don't have a two step verification code and that you probably just want to login with a password only. I thought you meant that you had already registered for the special two stage verification process with Betfair and wanted to know how to use a two step verification code with Cymatic.

Perhaps when you said 2 step login, you simply were referring to the fact that there are two windows to complete in Cymatic at login? One to choose the type of login (Standard or Minimal) and then one to actually type the username and password.

I was not suggesting that you go and register for Betfair's two step verification process, which is something different, I think it is for customers who want a bit of extra verification added to their login process for even more security (hence it uses a password and a verification code).

I am happy to continue trying to help you solve it if you would like. If so, please confirm whether you have tried the Minimal login option (instead of the Standard login option). The Minimal login option is intended to overcome any browser incompatibility issues that can arise with the standard login (which uses Betfair's login page inside a browser window).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby honestmicky28 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Hi Gavin
Yes I have tried to login with both methods. when I login with the minamal window the window disappears and when I return to the Cymatic file button top left and check, it tells me I am logged in and I can log out from there however no functionality happens as there is no market list at any time. when I use the bigger login window I get the main betfair page open in this window ( not logged in) when I try to login in this betfair page the page disapears but the window remains with an error message syntactically (I may have spelt this wrong)incorrect general error 404.
honestmicky28

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi honestmicky28,

Another thing I noticed is that your free trial period expired a long time ago, but this shouldn't cause the strange things you have noticed. I have added another 14 day free trial, which you may need and to help us rule out that as a cause of any blockage in the startup process.

So I expect that you can now operate Cymatic using the minimal login option, now that it is no longer going to try and fail to open the subscription options page (which tries to open in a browser window, which seems to be the cause of the blockage, because all indications are that you are having problems whenever Cymatic tries to open a page inside an Internet Explorer browser window).

Before I extended the free trial today, the expired trial should have caused a browser window to open showing you the Cymatic subscription options page. The fact that this window doesn't appear, indicates a browser incompatibility or some sort of anti-virus/security software preventing the browser operations being used by Cymatic. There is further evidence for this because the standard login option also doesn't work for you - it should open a Betfair branded login page with just a login page, not the full Betfair website with all the pictures, markets and banners.

Further suggestion of the problem being focused on the browser, is that you noticed different behaviour after you updated Flash in your browser.

Please note that Cymatic relies on Internet Explorer when it opens any of the above mentioned browser windows, such as the Cymatic subscriptions page or the Betfair branded standard login page. Problems using the browser can be caused if Internet Explorer is out of date, or is being restricted or partly blocked by anything such as a Firewall (especially a corporate firewall if you are trying to operate from a university dorm, office building, or public library etc.) or by Anti-virus software or other security software, or by overly high security settings in Internet Explorer. So please ensure that Internet Explorer is up to date and try setting its security settings to low or medium and ensure that firewalls and security / anti-virus software are not interfering. Ultimately we will need to get the browser functionality operational, even though I expect the minimal login will now work for the remainder of the trial, we'll need the browser to work thereafter unless you pay manually which is not ideal.

Thanks for your patience and I hope that above makes sense.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Help / Support