Autopilot breaks on cancelled meeting - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Autopilot breaks on cancelled meeting - RESOLVED

Postby Cym27 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Not sure if anything can be done about this, but today Yarmouth was cancelled part way through the meeting. I had Cymatic running on Autopilot, connected to my Excel worksheet, and the Autopilot stopped at the first cancelled race and didn't progress.

The cancelled races had a "Closed" status in Cymatic.

Cheers,

Steve.
Cym27

Re: Autopilot breaks on cancelled meeting

Postby xplayer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Cym27,

This is one of the reasons why I think there needs to be a separate Autopilot for each meeting.

Gavin gave some advice on using more than one Autopilot in the post below.

topic825.html#p3899

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi Steve,

Yes, I know about that, but thanks for creating a forum topic about it. When I designed the autopilot many years ago, I had to make a safety feature to stop it endlessly trying to find the next race when it reached your last chosen race of the day. I therefore chose to design it such that it would not try find another race if the current race was closed (I know, slightly crude but it works well at the end of the autopilot selections). Unfortunately that meant that it could get stuck mid-way through a day, if a race meeting is cancelled during the day, which does happen sometimes unfortunately.

It is actually rather more tricky than it might seem, to re-code that quirk and to overcome the 'closed' races issue mid-way through the day, whilst still ensuring that the autopilot stops gracefully after the last race of the day. However I will attack this issue again at some point. In the meantime it means that you just have to manually untick any races within the autopilot list, if those races get abandoned for example due to bad weather.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Cym27 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:04 am

Thanks Ray and Gavin for the replies.

Ray, I see that's a possibility, but a heck of a faff. But, if that's the only option...

Gavin, thanks for explaining the problem. I'm trying to develop a bot which can be left to work unattended, so in my case unticking the remaining cancelled races wouldn't be an option. So the answer for the moment has to be either go with Ray's suggestion or just write off the day's betting when it happens.
Cym27

Postby xplayer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:08 am

Gavin, thanks for explaining the problem. I'm trying to develop a bot which can be left to work unattended, so in my case unticking the remaining cancelled races wouldn't be an option. So the answer for the moment has to be either go with Ray's suggestion or just write off the day's betting when it happens.

Hi Steve,

I am going to try out Gavin's suggestion this weekend (it was never mine) as outlined in the topic link I posted to you. It seems to me that once it is set up it could be kept as template. Having downloaded your spreadsheets (compliments...) it is clear that you have the necessary skill-sets.

I am assuming there will come a time when Gavin will want to charge for his fine work (rightly so, and I will be happy to pay) but I am now aware from checking out several subscription softwares that each Race Meeting can be configured with its own timer so I do think Cymatic would need something similar for it to be on a par with those.

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm

I'm checking going through old forum posts and I noticed that this issue was resolved a long while ago by a software update, so just wanted to say that is no longer an issue.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Autopilot breaks on cancelled meeting - RESOLVED

Postby Gavin » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:18 pm

I think I may have now found another bug in the software that could also cause a similar problem and am working on fixing it. I will post another message once I have done the testing and released a new version.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Autopilot breaks on cancelled meeting - RESOLVED

Postby Gavin » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:44 pm

A new version of the Cymatic software (version 6.11.1.0) has been released today that addresses the following problems:

1. The autopilot was sometimes getting stuck if it encountered a race marked as 'closed' at the exchange. This has now been fixed.
2. The race types (Harness, Flat, etc) chosen by the user were being ignored in the software (* but please see note below because there is also a further problem with this caused by the exchange).

* Please note that at the time of writing, Betfair appear to be loading some markets with the wrong race type, for example Harness/Trots markets are being marked as 'Flat' races by Betfair. I will report this to Betfair in the hope that they correct this going forward. Therefore it will still not be possible in Cymatic to choose to filter the Harness race types, until Betfair fix that problem at the exchange.

The software will automatically update itself to the new version when you open it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs