Profit & Loss Analysis

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Profit & Loss Analysis

Postby nig299 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:45 pm

If you like to keep track and anaylse your trades, you might find the attached useful.

To use it, download the Betfair P&L spreadsheet (NOT the betting history) and save to your computer,

Press the update button and load your saved file You should see something similar to this:

Selecting a Track,RaceType or Distance bring up the details on the right hand side. At Salisbury I've traded 12 markets, and the details on the right show the breakdown of each one. You can see I've done 485 trades and made a handsome profit of 50p. I plan to retire sometime in the next 800 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nig299

Re: Profit & Loss Analysis

Postby Gavin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:41 am

Hi Nigel,

It looks like another very nice spreadsheet :)

The attached spreadsheet that you've uploaded just seems to have a single worksheet called sheet0, containing raw data downloaded from Betfair with no macros, it's not the same smart one shown in the picture.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby xplayer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:37 am

Hi Nigel,

I do like to keep track and am wondering if you uploaded the wrong sheet :?:

It looks lovely by the way.

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby nig299 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:50 am

Sorry, that was the raw data from Befair. Here's the proper sheet
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nig299

Postby gmoney999 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 pm

How do you load the betfair file?

and where do I place the download Betfair file?
gmoney999

Postby Gavin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

gmoney999 wrote:How do you load the betfair file?

and where do I place the download Betfair file?

Go to your Betfair account using the Betfair website, then download the file mentioned in this topic. You can save it anywhere on your PC.

Then when you open the sample spreadsheet 'Copy of Trading Record2-1.xls), go to Sheet 3 where you will find a button labelled 'Update'. When you click it, a file open dialogue box appear that enables you to browse to the file that you downloaded from your Betfair account.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Chiyo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:58 am

Hi im in my betfair account P&L button I cant find how to save the files its a breakdown of ever race and no save file button
Chiyo

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 pm

Chiyo wrote:Hi im in my betfair account P&L button I cant find how to save the files its a breakdown of ever race and no save file button

In the top right corner of the Betfair P&L web page, there should be a blue text link called 'Download to spreadsheet'.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets