Football Summary

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Football Summary

Postby adenlark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:10 pm

I have unashamedly borrowed this idea from a couple of users on another forum. I've also used Gavin's LiveScoresForFootball spreadsheet, available in this Sample Spreadsheets forum.

As I have just started trading football, I can't provide advice on how best to use this workbook i.e. what strategies to use. If you have any ideas or improvements, feel free to share.

There are no notes included in the workbook, as it is easy to follow the formulas to see how things relate to each other.

Attachment removed by Gavin. Please see newer spreadsheet (version 3) in the next post below.
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Re: Football Summary

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:17 pm

That's a beauty isn't it! Thanks for converting it to Cymatic.

It looks like you forgot to change the formula in cell T14 in the LiveScores sheet, it just needs to be edited, because it points to:

Code: Select all
='C:\Users\irdgaf\Desktop\Workbooks\[LiveScoresForFootball.xls]CorrectScore'!I23

I think it should be:
Code: Select all
=CorrectScore!I23

so that it works for any user.

I have attached the edited version.

Kind regards,

Gavin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby xplayer » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:29 pm

adenlark wrote:I have unashamedly borrowed this idea from a couple of users on another forum. I've also used Gavin's LiveScoresForFootball spreadsheet, available in this Sample Spreadsheets forum.

Big thanks for this - looking forward to having a play on the weekend fixtures.

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby adenlark » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Thanks for checking and correcting that Gavin! I can't seem to edit the original post, so hopefully people will skip my version and download your revision.

Best regards

adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Thanks Adenlark,

I have removed the attachment for you now and put an message there referring users to see the newer version.

Cheers,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bozu » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:05 am

Another great spready to try out on Saturday/Sunday/Monday!!

Well done Adenlark & Gavin.

Regards
Bozu
Bozu

Postby royline » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:24 am

Hi All, are there any instructions on how to use this if you are not familiar with formulae,
Regards,
Roy.
royline

Postby adenlark » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Thanks again Gavin!

I've made the correction, and added a summary of the available odds, Profit and Green To columns. I was planning to add a basic arb/dutching calculator, but I understand that Betfair's crossmatching has killed off any inter-market arbs or value bets. For those of you wanting a good arb/dutching calculator, a very generous chap called Grumblebus/Pokebus has created a spreadsheet called Grumblebus 5.5, which is easily found with Google.

Correction to Livescore sheet and minor update to Summary sheet
Cymatic-Football-Summary-v3.1.xlsm

royline wrote:Hi All, are there any instructions on how to use this if you are not familiar with formulae,
Regards,
Roy.

Hi Roy

Looking at the formulae will show you how the result in a cell is calculated, or where the information comes from. In the CS Under and CS Over grid, for example, C38 and C39 show similar odds, but they are calculated from different markets. C39 is referenced directly from the OU0.5 market, whereas C38 is calculated indirectly from the Correct Score market. You don't need a good knowledge of Excel or formulae to use this spreadsheet (I'm speaking from experience!). Simply open a new grid for each market, and connect each to the relevant sheet in the workbook. The spreadsheet is intended to be an aid to whatever strategy you are using, by displaying the available odds and probability of different outcomes.

Best regards

adenlark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adenlark

Postby royline » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi, thanks for the explanation will have a good look later,
Many Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Roy.
Ps: I have a spread sheet that so far I copy the odds 15 to 20 mins before off then copy odds at 1 min to off and the sheet shows a Lay or a Back bet to be done or sometimes you have one of each. Would it be possible for me to send it to you and see if it could be automated with cymatic.
royline

Postby adenlark » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Hi Roy
I'm not in a position to take on any development work yet, as I still consider myself an Excel novice, and don't have much time for trading or working on spreadsheets at the moment. The chaps over in the Find A Developer thread could do a better job in less time than I could.

Best regards

adenlark
adenlark

Next

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets