Race Distance was not showing in Cymatic Cell A1

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Race Distance was not showing in Cymatic Cell A1

Postby xplayer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:51 am

Hi Gavin,

Over the last few days from time to time I have been studying the spreadsheet FrontRunnerR4.2 kindly contributed by Canuk. From the outset it produced errors in some cells as it expected Cymatic Cell A1 to contain the meeting and in brackets the distance ie 18:25 Kempton (7f Mdn Stks).

Until last night Cymatic for me was never showing the distance ie all I would see is 18:25 Kempton which is why I modified the formula in Cell A1 of the LOOKUP sheet to the following
Code: Select all
=Cymatic!$A$1&" ("&RIGHT(Cymatic!$A$2,LEN(Cymatic!$A$2)-FIND("\",Cymatic!$A$2,10))&")"

Can I now dispense with this code ?

Many thanks,

Ray
xplayer

Re: Race Distance was not showing in Cymatic Cell A1

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Ray,

The race distance is only included in the race name (Cell A1) if it is included in the race name in the part of Cymatic that you used to open the market.

To clarify this further:

1. Race names in the autopilot tab contain the distance of the race in brackets, such as: 14:00 Newmarket (7f Mdn Stks)
2. Race names in the Filter tab contain the distance of the race in brackets, such as: 14:00 Newmarket (7f Mdn Stks)
3. Race names in the Navigator tab DO NOT contain the distance of the race in brackets, so for example they simply show as: 14:00 Newmarket

So you can do away with your code if you are connected to a race that has been opened using the Autopilot or Filter tabs.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Race Distance was not showing in Cymatic Cell A1

Postby xplayer » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the clarification which I have also just this evening discovered for myself in the last 20 minutes of experimenting.

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Return to General Help / Support