Incorrect Sort Order - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Incorrect Sort Order - RESOLVED

Postby xplayer » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 am

Hi Gavin,

A few minutes before a race or when in play, upon choosing odds as the sort order, initially they are sorted in ascending rank but soon go out of alignment and I repeatedly have to choose the sort order again to correct the misalignment.

Many thanks for a great work.

Ray
xplayer

Re: Incorrect Sort Order

Postby Gavin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi Ray,

I seem to recall that I decided to not make the sort order jump around dynamically, because it would be far too confusing for the trader. For example, imagine if you tried to click to trade on the top horse and by the time your finger completed the click, the sort order had changed and your bets went on the wrong horse.

If you really need to see a dynamically changing list of runners, always in odds order, then you could program that in Excel.

For example I think you could make a separate sheet that refers back to the Cymatic sheet and determine that RANK order of each runner's odds. The have a formula that display the 1st ranked runner, then the 2nd ranked runner etc.

If that isn't feasible, then you could certainly do it using Visual Basic code in Excel.

If you want someone to do that Excel design work for you, then please consider placing an enquiry in the Find A Developer section in the Cymatic forum.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Sort Order

Postby xplayer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:02 am

Gavin wrote:Hi Ray,
I seem to recall that I decided to not make the sort order jump around dynamically, because it would be far too confusing for the trader. For example, imagine if you tried to click to trade on the top horse and by the time your finger completed the click, the sort order had changed and your bets went on the wrong horse.
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Many thanks for your prompt reply and I take your point as quoted above but when using the grid and one click betting it is helpful to have an overview of the race at a glance. Perhaps it is something you might consider (with a health warning) if sufficient users feel as I do.

Appreciate your suggestions regarding Excel and I already do something similar for when I am using your excellent facility to do triggered betting.

Regards,

Ray
xplayer

Return to Bugs