Horse Racing Metadata

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Horse Racing Metadata

Postby Iain » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:53 pm

A few months ago I followed a tutorial for writing your own bot. While that project was successful, I didn't pursue it any further as to create something useful would have meant learning a new scripting language (Windows Shell). Then there would be a lot of testing required to have confidence there were no bugs. While learning, I discovered many useful features which to my knowledge aren't available in any commercial bots.

An API request of listMarketCatalogue can optionally return RUNNER_METADATA, which gives statitics about the horses including, age, weight, form, days since last run, jockey name etc.
The full list is available here: Runner Metadata Description

This allows you to create a bot which makes betting decisions based on form, not just price. There are many systems available that you think to yourself, 'it could be profitable', but it is too time consuming to test.

I realise that Cytmatic is primarily a trading application, but now with the inclusion of triggered betting via excel and a future update could give automated betting directly in the software. So it would compliment these new features very well.

So is it possible to include this data either in Excel or directly in the future?
Iain

Re: Horse Racing Metadata

Postby Gavin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 pm

Hi Iain,

Yes I have made a provision n Excel to add more data. You might have noticed several hidden columns entitled 'Reserved'. So it would be possible to add some of the runner metadata in a future release and this is something that I will look into in due course.

In the meantime, you might be interested to see that a user is uploading daily spreadsheets containing plenty of this sort of meta data plus ratings / form:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic742.html

and if there is enough interest then hopefully he will continue to do so.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:40 am

Hi Iain,

I am currently adding some of the metadata and other useful data into columns in Excel. Can you tell me which ones you'd ideally prefer to see please?

I'm in the process of adding these ones today:
  • Near SP
  • Far SP
  • BSP
  • Saddle Cloth Number
  • Stall Draw
  • Form

I could potentially add some others if there is anything else really important.

Just in case you hadn't noticed, I should also mention that all of the data can be seen when you hover the mouse over the horse's name in the grid interface.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:22 pm

I would like to see:

Near SP
Far SP
BSP
Saddle Cloth Number
Stall Draw
Form
Jockey Name
Trainer Name
Sex
Country
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Great, thanks for your list Paul.

Cheers,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:04 am

Does anyone actually use the Far SP? It usually has rather extreme values in it, but perhaps some people find that useful somehow?

I can see that the Near SP (predicted) and the BSP (actual SP at the start of the race) would be very useful, but I'm not sure about the usefulness of the Far SP.

I should aim to only include items that are really useful. There are a limited number of columns that I reserved for adding new data to in the future.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:32 am

I guess we don't need it in the spreadsheet.

I don't use it for anything other than if Betfair blew up one day I guess.

Can the list you are creating for Excel be the one for the 'hover over list' too :D
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:54 pm

pnr8uk wrote:I guess we don't need it in the spreadsheet.

I don't use it for anything other than if Betfair blew up one day I guess.

Can the list you are creating for Excel be the one for the 'hover over list' too :D

Hi Paul,

Are you saying you also want to be able to choose what is visible in the 'hover list'? Or that you want all of the hover list to be visible in Excel?

There are currently 20 reserved columns in Excel that are not used and are the hidden, it is columns R:AK. These are the ones that I originally reserved for future uses such as these new data items. I will be unhiding and populating them with the chosen data. So I'm trying to limit the choices to 20 columns because I don't want to displace the trigger columns which could mess up the spreadsheets that users have hard coded with column letters.

There could be more than 20 pieces of data to choose from, but ideally the software would prevent you from choosing more than 20 at once.

Making a large number of choices probably means that each choice would be allocated a column depending on how many choices the user makes, rather than each item always occupying the same column regardless of how many choice are made. So for example if you choose 3 items (e.g. Near SP, Far SP and actual BSP) they would appear in columns R, S and T, so BSP would be in column T. Whereas if you only choose one item (e.g. BSP), it would be in column R.

I'm considering including most of the items on the hover list:

Near SP
Far SP
BSP
Saddle Cloth Number
Stall Draw
Jockey Name
Jockey Claim
Trainer Name
Sex Type
Dam Name
Sire Name
Days Since Last Run
Form
Official Rating
Adjusted Rating
Weight Value

I am also considering adding the reduction factor % and possibly eventually might also add all of the information from the tennis scores API (scores and incidents).

So I think the list of choices will almost certainly end up being longer than 20, but restricted to using 20. That should be enough to enable the user to choose all the horse racing ones, or all the tennis ones, etc.

I'd also like to draw your attention to the following discussion about the possibility of making a premium version of Cymatic. It is just a thought at this stage, but I thought I'd mention it as a possibility that I am evaluating. If you have any views on that then please post them in the topic below. Thanks.
Premium version?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby pnr8uk » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:51 am

I really just meant as you were making changes to the list of available fields could the work to reduce the size of the hover over list be done.

I would be interested to hear about the Premium version, please keep me updated.

Cheers

Paul
pnr8uk

Postby Gavin » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:50 am

Hi Paul,

OK thanks for explaining your thoughts about the hover list.

I've posted my latest thoughts about the premium version idea, in that discussion topic.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions