EXCEL Suggestions

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

EXCEL Suggestions

Postby back43 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:10 am

I am using the Excel integration now for a few days and it works very well. Good work Gavin!
I have a few suggestions for the program.
1. Add BSP
2. Add saddlenumber
3. Add also a percentage for the Offset. e.g 400%. E.g. if the initial odds are 25,00 then the Offset odds are 125,00 ( + 400%). The tick Offset is very complicated to calculate.
4. After the finish (suspend) of the race I want to write the data of the race to a separate history sheet therefor I need a trigger to do so e.g "suspend" in the status cell or something else.
5. Besides the available amount add also liability
6. Question: what is the BetId cell?
Kind Regards
back43

Re: EXCEL Suggestions

Postby back43 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:24 am

Hi Gavin,

In the manual under BACK/LAY (EXCEL INTEGRATION - TRIGGER COMMANDS) there is the following text:

"Whether the offset bet will use a green stake or a level stake, is currently controlled by the Green checkbox in the Offset settings within the Tools section in the main Cymatic window (and is applied at the time when the initial bet is matched)."

My questions are:
- where can I find the Tools section?
- where can I find the Green checkbox?
- what is the difference between a green stake and a level stake?
Example: I want to lay with odds 10.00 and a stake of 5. After the bet is matched I want to lay at 50 with a stake of 1.00. If the bet is matched than there is a profit of 4.00, and it does not matter if the horse wins or loses.
Can you tell me how I have to do this?

Best Regards,
back43

Postby back43 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi Gavin,

I found the tool box and the green ckeckbox.

Regards,
back43

Postby Gavin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi back43 and thanks for your suggestions, which I have noted.
back43 wrote:4. After the finish (suspend) of the race I want to write the data of the race to a separate history sheet therefor I need a trigger to do so e.g "suspend" in the status cell or something else.

Cell D4 displays the market status, so it will change from Active to Suspended. When a race ends that has been trading in-play, D4 will show "Suspended" whilst F4 show TRUE. F4 is the cell that shows if the race is in-play (it remains TRUE, even when D4 goes to SUSPENDED. This enables you to detect the end of a race, whereas before the race starts, D4 might momentarily say Suspended if Betfair suspend it by accident (which the sometimes do for a split second). So you should assess both of those cells in order to detect the probably end of the race.

back43 wrote:6. Question: what is the BetId cell?

When you place a bet, Betfair assign a unique reference number to the bet to identify it. This value is display in the BetId cell, once your bet has been placed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:22 pm

back43 wrote:- where can I find the Tools section?
- where can I find the Green checkbox?

They are both in the Tools panel in the main Cymatic program window. The Tools panel is located on the left, just below the list of markets (the Navigator tabs).

back43 wrote:- what is the difference between a green stake and a level stake?
Example: I want to lay with odds 10.00 and a stake of 5. After the bet is matched I want to lay at 50 with a stake of 1.00. If the bet is matched than there is a profit of 4.00, and it does not matter if the horse wins or loses.
Can you tell me how I have to do this?

A green stake is calculated to spread the winning evenly across all horses, whatever the results.

I think you meant that you want to back at 50, not lay. Yes £1 is the green stake when backing at 50, after laying £10 at 5.

Level stakes means that the second bet, that closes the position, has the same stake as the first bet, which would equate to backing £5 at 50 in your example.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby back43 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for your quick reply.
I found that in the D4 cell at the end of the race the message "suspended" does not appear when the auto pilot is used.
As soon as the race is finished the autopilot goes immediately to the next market and it looks that there is no time left to populate D4 with "suspended".
Can you check this?

Regards,
back43

Postby Gavin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi back43,

Yes that is correct. As soon as the autopilot sees that is suspended, it immediately jumps to the next race, so you would not see the status switching to suspended in Excel when using the autopilot.

The only way I can think of achieving what you want (to write the race data to somewhere), is to keep copying the data over to another location in one of the sheets (lets say the second sheet) every time that new data arrives, until the race name changes (Cell A1 I think). In other words only copy the data when the race name in the Cymatic sheet is equal to the race name in the destination sheet.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby back43 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:09 pm

Hi Gavin, thanks for the reply.
I already do what you suggested. My excel application is controlled by VBA code.
With every cycle (about 3-5 times per second) the data that I want to save is written to another sheet.
But it would be easier if it could be done once at the end of the race.

Regards,
back43

Postby Gavin » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi back43,

Yes, I know what you mean. Perhaps when I next get round to adding features to the Excel integration, I could consider adding a "NEXT" trigger, for making the autopilot move forward. That way you could make all the autopilot jumps be requested from Excel, rather than be determined by the settings in the Cymatic software side.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby back43 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:00 am

Hi Gavin,
If the autopilot could be controlled by a code in a separate cell, e.g. NEXT, which code is placed by Excel or the VBA programm in the cell, that would be a solution.
So after the suspend the autopilot does not move automatically to the next market. Only when there is NEXT in a certain cell it moves to the next market.
The cell must be cleared by the Cymatic programm soon as the autopilot moves to the next market.

Regards,
back43

Next

Return to Suggestions