Excel Developer Unavailable (Neil)

Looking for someone to program in Excel for you?
Forum rules
Developers: Please contact Gavin to request permission before you begin posting here.

Users: For each new project, please simply post an outline of your requirements in a new topic. Thereafter you can of course liaise directly with any developer to discuss any confidential aspects of the project if you feel that is necessary (for example via email or private message). By posting publicly initially, you will be helping to create interest in Find A Developer. It will also help to show that jobs are being completed successfully and thus encourage other users. The busier it becomes the better it will be for everyone.

Cymatic is unable to do bespoke programming work for individual users, but if you post your requirements here, then other professional programmers might offer to do the work for a fee. Cymatic accepts no liability and we do not check the credentials of respondents. So please ask appropriate questions or seek references before accepting a quotation.

Please also keep in mind that after your Cymatic free trial expires, you would need a paid Cymatic subscription in order to continue using Cymatic with spreadsheets. So please don't pay for customizations to spreadsheets without realizing this possibility. Thank you.

Excel Developer Unavailable (Neil)

Postby neil » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:38 pm

UPDATE (7th June 2016): Neil is currently unavailable to accept new work for the foreseeable future.

I would like to offer my services as a developer of bots and automated betting strategies.

I have over 4 years experience writing bots in VBA and excel, with well over 100 projects completed, both big and small. I have traded manually on Betfair, and so have a good understanding of how it works and what potential pitfalls there are. I am well versed in discussing and teasing out requirements and specifications until we have something we can both understand and agree on.
As well as VBA and Excel, I am also experienced in writing databases, scraping data from websites, and can also code in Python.

If you are interested, please do not PM or email me, but start a new thread in this part of the forum. You do not need to give a full description of your idea or system on the forum, just a general outline.

any questions, please feel free to ask

thanks
neil
neil

Re: Excel Developer Available

Postby ThC » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:52 pm

hey neil ... can you make a spreadsheet for horse racing...that back-s any horse in play that reach odd 1.05 ?

cheers
ThC

Postby sjaak1943 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 pm

ThC wrote:hey neil ... can you make a spreadsheet for horse racing...that back-s any horse in play that reach odd 1.05 ?

cheers

Look at the Frontrunner Spreadsheet and read the whole thread.
It's easy to make, but it leads to nothing!
Sjaak

To make a bot is easier then making money with it!
sjaak1943

Postby neil » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:54 pm

also, please read the rules of this part of the forum, and put any request for a bot in a new thread in the Find a Developer part of the forum, rather than in my thread.
thanks
neil

Postby whitesnake » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:56 am

Hi Neil,

what do you think about the topic I posted?

Thank you.
whitesnake

Postby NIKOLAS1958 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:16 pm

i have post my requirements of a trigger and i will be happy if you can read them and you tell me if you can do these

thanks
nikolas
NIKOLAS1958

Postby Bananaco » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:01 am

Hi Neil,

I'd like to make an excel sheet to look for arbs on betfair/pinnacle. Is that something you could help with?

CHeers
Bananaco

Postby neil » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:29 am

hi, I had a look at the pinnacle site, and it doesnt look like it would be possible to scrape their prices, as they use javascript
neil

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:10 am

Perhaps the Pinnacle API might be of use for that requirement, but I am guess it might be a big job. Furthermore, Pinnacle seem to be in the process of changing their API at the moment.
http://www.pinnaclesports.com/en/api
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby neil » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:08 pm

ah, yes I had forgotten they had an API, so we can possibly continue if you are still interested. PM me with further details
thanks
neil
neil

Next

Return to Excel - Find A Developer