Dutching

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Dutching

Postby camelanton » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:19 am

Gavin wrote:Yes I seem to recall that dutching (backing) calculators cannot be used when the book % is under 100%.

This spreadsheet has not been finished being designed for laying (bookmaking). The formulae only work for backing (to a profit target). I am intending to do that work in the future, unless someone else's does it first.

Kind regards,
Gavin

Thanks for the response, Gavin.
I will try to do it for myself, but it will take some time.
If i manage to do it, i will post the spreadsheet here.
Good luck.
camelanton

Postby Gavin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:02 am

Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bozu » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 am

Gavin wrote:Yes I seem to recall that dutching (backing) calculators cannot be used when the book % is under 100%.

This spreadsheet has not been finished being designed for laying (bookmaking). The formulae only work for backing (to a profit target). I am intending to do that work in the future, unless someone else's does it first.

Kind regards,
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Some feedback so far.

On the sheet, the profit target for backing reverts to a fixed stake liability when dutch laying. This is ideal for knowing your total liability for each overall lay bet. All being done in live mode not training mode.

It works well and places the bets on betfair quickly and easily, including less than £2. I pre-select anything between 2 and 4 runners prior to placing a dutch lay bet, and everything on Cymatic matches okay. I can also successfully red-trade when, in-play, if the race is going against me. (alternatively, prior to off time if a green trade has sufficient profit).

My preference is for automation with manual intervention, although the holy grail is everything to be automated once set up and the daily profits to roll in.....maybe one day... :D
Bozu

Postby Gavin » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Hi Bozu,

OK, thanks for the information and feedback :)

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby camelanton » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 pm

and one more...
it often more then 16 horses in the race :)
camelanton

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:50 pm

ok yes, it would be better if it is extended to enable a lot more horses. I wonder if anyone ever dutch backs those further down in the list though.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Chiyo » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:05 am

I have used the variable profit dutching separate excel spreadsheet and had great results you can do several horses depending on your stake amount setup every horse but false favourites in a few races so can do a lot. It has sliders to be more aggressive on certain runners. I prefer the excel as its very customisable compared to Betangel and I think Gruss has one in built as well.
If I'm at home with 3 monitors its easy on course I use a surface pro I use the pen to select and move sliders I can walk around without keyboard and just have the screen minimised so I can view main screen then send bets it a very efficient way to cover multiple runners and make a profit on the race.

The excel is very easy to customize yourself make fonts bigger change the countdown time make balance and stake bigger you just select the cells u want from the Cymatic tab add colours and keep stake amounts save your settings so each race you goto is just select your horses and send bets. If on course i would bet a bit earlier then when they are loading just to make sure they all get matched to how you want or u have the problem of missing 1 or 2 in very liquid mkts.
Chiyo

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:47 am

Hi Chiyo,

Thanks for posting about your experiences of using Excel and Cymatic for dutching. I am really glad to hear that it works well for you.

Best wishes for the new year,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets