HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Postby canuk » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:04 pm

Update Ready for Testing & Feedback

Added
• Race duration estimate and a choice of Market entry point
• Maximum Liability & monitoring cells
• Code in the "COMMAND" formula to GREEN if a past front runners slips backwards
• A LOOKUP page to estimate race duration. Due to type of race & surface, this can be a little inaccurate,
unless a more detailed data table is available.
• Times and user inputs simplified to seconds and percentage of running time.

Available Here http://ge.tt/4FZNNZK2
The spreadsheet Info page has useful user information

Have fun
canuk
canuk

Postby knottyman » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:52 pm

Nice work Canuk.

I like the automatic greening when the leader gets caught. Is it possible to also cancel the remaining bets that get matched after the leader is overtaken ?
knottyman

Postby canuk » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:32 pm

knottyman
Yes ! :roll:
I was once told many moons ago, that the answer to every question is "YES", then the only problem is HOW, WHEN, and at WHAT COST. I ran out of time with live races for testing today, and unavailable till the middle of next week. I might find time late tonight to try some formulae on the Aussie markets (after 10PM here). If I any luck, will post an update. So if not you might have more time than me for testing before then ?
1. If you mean any outstanding unmatched on the horse that was greened ? Good Idea :idea:
2. If you mean also the new front runner that could have got matched while greening ???
3. The last front runner (winner) returns will minimized losses from previous front runners
4. There is also a strong possibility that a previous front runner wins
5. In this case there is some offsetting of returns with +/- possibilities

canuk
canuk

Postby Cym27 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:15 am

Am I right in thinking that if you changed the GREEN command to GREEN ALL any unmatched bets would automatically be cancelled?
Cym27

Postby Trebs » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Guys,
First of all I’d like to thank those putting in the work producing excel automation samples. I’m not great with excel formulas and am best suited testing the workbooks in training mode.

Yesterday was great for testing with lots of UK/IRE races on the racecard. I started with the Front Runner R3-3 workbook and used it with no adjustments (just to test).

1. First 3 races all triggers were met, unfortunately with poor results:
€15 profit - €77.90 losses.

2. Adjusted “Place Back” from 2.0 to 1.5 and had better success:
12 races = €131.90 profit - €169.68 losses. The largest single profit was €35.10 with the largest single loss being €80

3. Adjusted “Place Back” from 1.5 to 1.3 thinking that (IF) the front runner got below odds of 1.3 there should be a much greater success rate:
7 races = profit €22.80 – Losses €20 with largest single profit of €9.80 and largest single loss of €10
I should add that I didn’t watch any of the races nor did I use the Green-Up button, just allowed the workbook to run and recorded the results. I allowed it to run on all distances equally and the losses came on both short (5f, 6f, 7f) and long (2m4f, 2m6f etc.) distances.

4. My final test I changed quite a lot for the final four races (and will continue that test today on the full racecard).
a. Gap Setting from 3.0 to 4.0 (to increase the distance between the front 2 runners and single out the true Front Runner).
b. Place Back to 1.5
c. Back Price from 1.1 to 1.01 (seems to have same results as 1.1 although bets might not get matched below 1.01 you will get the best available price i.e 1.3, 1.4).
d. Enter Market from 66% to 80% (triggers can be met too early at 66% with only 2/3s of the race run, especially longer distances).
e. Stake €10

Results (4 races) were interesting with losses €0 – profit €12.90 with largest single profit of €9.60 and two races where the triggers weren’t met.

I believe the key factors will be “Gap Setting” and “Enter Market %” as what we are looking for is to single out the true Front Runner. I hope this can help in some small way guys and I appreciate all the work you guys are doing.

Trebs
Trebs

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:36 pm

Cym27 wrote:Am I right in thinking that if you changed the GREEN command to GREEN ALL any unmatched bets would automatically be cancelled?

I haven't looked to see if the sample spreadsheet that is being discussed here, implements cancelling unmatched bets. All I can say is that in general terms, the GREEN ALL command does not cancel unmatched bets. If you wish to also cancel unmatched bets, then simply put the CANCEL ALL command on another runner's row in the spreadsheet. You can input both commands at the same time and they will be processed almost simultaneously. Both commands apply to all runners.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby canuk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback
The Manual is clear clear as Gavin states both the GREEN & GREEN ALL do not CANCEL UN-Matched placements.

OK I found a few hours to try some AUTO CANCEL of Un-Matched & GREEN the Matched, if the FrontRunner slips from top rank. I am not at home till the middle of next week so test away, and offer changes & feedback. In the brief time I had for testing I put in wild ranges, to test the functions, and suspect that with realistic narrow settings, it could be an improvement overall. There may be need to also add code in to clear "PLACED" from status col. if CANCEL or GREEN are requested, in addition to PENDING ?????

Copies of formlae and a few notes on sheet FORLUAE for understanding & comments.

Note: Avoid playing with the formulas while in live mode. I have had many crashed and lockups, requiring re-start of Cymatic & the spreadsheet. Even if things look OK but action stops, as expected, do a reboot. I have spent much time head scratching, and questioning my logic and that is all it needed.

Available same place... http://ge.tt/4FZNNZK2

Canuk
canuk

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:27 pm

I would advise everyone to avoid clearing the Status Cell when it says "PENDING", that would probably instantly trigger the same bet again and end up with a very large number of duplicate bets.

When doing the GREEN ALL command, you should only clear the Status cell in that one row, to allow the GREEN ALL command to proceed. Don't clear other rows that say "PLACED", because you'll just trigger all new bets in those rows that you cleared (assuming a command still exists in their Command cells).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Cym27 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:36 pm

What I have done is to utilise the 2 cells in the Command column below those used for the horses. I've set up a formula which checks for the relevant triggers/conditions and puts "CANCEL ALL" in the upper cell and "GREEN ALL" in the lower when necessary. Therefore I don't clear any of the existing commands manually.

Unfortunately the conditions haven't arisen yet where these commands are issued, so I'm not sure of the result.
Cym27

Postby canuk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi Gavin:

Great to get your feedback.
100% agree, my formula expressly checks for this, I hope I got it correct.
Cell BI4 =IF(AND(BI1=TRUE,BI3<1,BH2=TRUE),TRUE,FALSE) ........ new bet enable cell
where cell B13 is =COUNTIF(BD8:BD33,"PENDING")

Where if B13 is <1 ... NO "PENDING" were found in ANY status cell
This was deliberate coding to wait for ALL orders to be enacted

I am aware I need to do a little more fine tuning, This will have to wait till next week.
But others were asking for the GREEN/CANCEL, so I attempted, at least a partial fix.
They ALL must realize that at the very late stages of a race with very low odds, they are "gambling" just like "Lay the Field", but with potential better returns, if tight parameters are established.

I started to work on VBA coding for individual status column cells management rather than the whole column.
Do you have any examples of VBA that I could Incorporated and work on for each cell in the status column individually?

Thank You again for everything
Regards
canuk
canuk

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets