HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Postby canuk » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi Tobiasz22:

The only clue I see, is the possibly it is language related? I searched my English version of Excel for #ARG! and did not fine any help. I also searched the internet an did not find any clues. There is a strong possibility that some of the formula (as written) do not recognize some cells. I notice on your screen clip, that where my version is "TRUE FALSE" your screen shows it in your language. There are also other cells on the spreadsheet, that also may be language specific.

As you might guess I have spent many hours, on this and seen many errors, and problems, but nothing of that nature. Maybe someone else with different language versions of Excel can help. If you or anyone find a problem with the code or a more universal solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

PLEASE let us all know if you find a cause and a solution.
Regards
canuk
canuk

Postby xplayer » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Cym27 wrote:I'm so sorry, Ray. I'm flummoxed! The file has been downloaded 403 times, so I know it can be done. If anyone has any suggestions as to why Ray is having a problem or is having a problem themselves in downloading, please let me know.
Steve.

Hi again Steve,

Having spent some time trying to understand why I was having problems I am truly delighted to say that I have just downloaded your latest version LeadingHorseBack2.xlsm :D :D

Many thanks Steve,

Ray
xplayer

Postby Tobiasz22 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:07 pm

PLEASE let us all know if you find a cause and a solution.

Dear Canuk,
I use Excel with Polish language, but this is not the case. I have just solved the problem by adding the races to Autopilot in Cymatic.

btw. could you please explain me what button RUMMBLE does?
Greetings from Poland, Tobiasz
Tobiasz22

Postby ryszardw11 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Tobiasz22 wrote:Hello guys,

do you know why do I get this error message (#ARG)?

There could be a problem with the name of the race. For example "18:50 Redcar" instead of "18:50 Redcar (6f Mdn Stks)" in LOOKUP sheet B4 cell.
I changed the source of the race length from "18:50 Redcar (6f Mdn Stks)" to "\GB\Redcar 29th Aug\6f" ang change the formula in LOOKUP B4.
ryszardw11

Postby nig299 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:33 pm

Not sure, but I think the #ARG error is equivalent to #Value error. See if anything here gives you a clue.

[url]https://support.office.com/pl-pl/article/Naprawianie-błędu-ARG-15e1b616-fbf2-4147-9c0b-0a11a20e409e?ui=pl-PL&rs=pl-PL&ad=PL[/url]
nig299

Postby Tobiasz22 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:38 pm

@nig299 @ryszardw11

please read my previous post, problem was solved by adding races to autopilot in cymatic
have no clue why this helped, but now everything is fine,
Kind regards,
Tobiasz
Tobiasz22

Postby xplayer » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:35 am

Tobiasz22 wrote:@nig299 @ryszardw11

please read my previous post, problem was solved by adding races to autopilot in cymatic
have no clue why this helped, but now everything is fine,
Kind regards,
Tobiasz

Have a look at my post and Gavin's answer.

topic814.html#p3817

Ray 8-)
xplayer

Postby ryszardw11 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Post to delete.
:mrgreen:
ryszardw11

Postby acharis » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:04 pm

I am a little confused. In this post I found two spreadsheet. One is LeadingHorseBack2 and second is FrontRunnerR4.2. What excel sheet is current and in development or what is the difference? Can anyone explain it to me? I see some differences, that one is placing bets in the whole race and and second on the end of race, but still I ame confused :)
acharis

Postby Cym27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi acharis. They are 2 different spreadsheets, but are in the same thread because LeadingHorseBack2 is heavily based on FrontRunnerR4.2. So it's a kind of "Branch-off" of FR4.2 using different strategies and with a few added/different tweaks, like recording the actual race times to build up a database for delayed bets.

I wrote LeadingHorseBack2 as an experiment of a strategy which I hoped would be useful for some people to try out, expand and tweak for their own requirements. It isn't a finished product, just a jumping off point. The strategy may not be profitable, but perhaps someone can use the code snippets that go to make up the spreadsheet in a strategy of their own to come up with a winning formula. I'm still experimenting!

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Best Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets