HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: HorseFrontRunner Spreadsheet

Postby zogark » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:24 pm

good work guys :mrgreen:
zogark

Postby footysystems » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 am

Deffo a classic trigger this one. I have used this for a day or and the other versions before I am waiting for it to take a loss lol.
footysystems

Postby zogark » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:54 pm

I've been test this spreedsheat HorseFrontRunnerR1.xls and I think very interesting but sometimes the horse that leads the way ends up losing and when that happens I have a big Red loooooool

to minimize the Red you guys could do was add a stoploss this spreadsheet (excel ) or else not do anything to spreadsheet and Gavin establish connectivity with stoploss of cymatic if possible .... selecting here Image
zogark

Postby canuk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Hi zogart:
Thanks for your continuing feedback.

The idea of this spreadsheet, came about when coding for my version of "LayTheField with Limitations".
(updated it recently to R1 a few days ago)

Reason.... most races of ANY distance, only had one "Front Runner" based on the Betfair data.
That is why I switched FrontRunnerBack , on the most likely winner based on the Betfair Data.

In both cases LAY or BACK the decision to enter the market, should be pretty late in the race.
• In both cased the odds needed for success are pretty low.
• When LAYING... to reduce liability, (you don't want to LAY @ 10, and watch it WIN)
• When BACKING... to increase, relative certainty before entering the market

AND remember you are GAMBLING not TRADING on an expected outcome, thus GREENING of an
almost certain winning outcome is only diminishing your return anyway.

If you are entering the race at an early stage on a strong fav. that starts running backwards, there is the very large button on the page, that runs a macro to CANCEL ALL - GREEN All & DE-ACTIVATE.

I did not expect this spreadsheet, to be operated in autopilot, so suggest this is your "Stop-Loss" if needed.
As I indicted on the INFO sheet, the macro may need a tune up, so be cautious.

You are welcome to manipulate any of the code on the spreadsheet, to customize your requirements. That is the purpose of the forum to share, ideas and evolve, great winning ideas, so Betfair can get even more of our commissions. LOL

Gavin has provided us all with a great FREE development tool, none of the uploaded spreadsheets are locked like "applications".
I know I will never be finished tinkering with any spreadsheet, both the logic and interface changes.

This spreadsheet may be quite powerful in the PLACE MARKET where the front runners, can slip and still be a winners.
The user interface offers setting to shrink the placement window, and all the cell are free to be modified.

enjoy
canuk
canuk

Postby Cym27 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi canuk. Good work on this spreadsheet!

You say on the Info sheet that you want to shorten the time between commands in the Cancel - Green - Stop Macro. I'm no VBA expert but usually in any programming language, 1 command is faster than 2. So I wonder if it would run faster if you combined your commands. For example, instead of

Range("BD8:BD33").Select
Selection.ClearContents

do:

Range("BD8:BD33").ClearContents

Instead of:

Range("BA8").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "GREEN ALL"

do:

Range("BA8").FormulaR1C1 = "GREEN ALL"

etc. etc.

Regards, Steve.
Cym27

Postby canuk » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Thanks cym27:

The advise is appreciated, and will keep it in mind for the future.
As I replied in my previous message to zodark, I gave it little importance in this particular sheet, as GREENING was a bad idea, in this spreadsheet, if used as i intended (very late low odds entry).

If others want to take this basic sheet and adapt it to accomplish different things, that is great. I am looking forward to many great & different ideas, for the use of this great tool, Gavin has provided.

It will make more importance in a future spreadsheet of a "trading" nature...... Thanks

I was actually trying to slow it down between calls to the market. At volatile times in the market, it often takes a few green requests to get it close to green. I found code for seconds, but NOT milliseconds, so was trying "for-next" loops to waste time, between calls to the market. That is why I put the caveat in the INFO sheet, regarding that button call to the code.

Thanks again
canuk
canuk

Postby zogark » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:49 am

canuk wrote:
You are welcome to manipulate any of the code on the spreadsheet, to customize your requirements. That is the purpose of the forum to share, ideas and evolve, great winning ideas, so Betfair can get even more of our commissions. LOL

I shared my idea heheh but if I knew to do that I manipulated the code for my purposes looool :(

excel is an optimal tool but for those who know what they are doing is not for everybody .

keep up the good work canuk
zogark

Postby zogark » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:06 pm

canuk wrote:
This spreadsheet may be quite powerful in the PLACE MARKET where the front runners, can slip and still be a winners.
The user interface offers setting to shrink the placement window, and all the cell are free to be modified.

I do not know if I'm doing something wrong but if I use this spreadsheet on the market To Be Placed does not work the triger not fire :? on the market Win it works fine :)
zogark

Postby pete_i » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Admittedly, I haven't taken a look at the workings of this spreadsheet as I have only just seen this thread. However, I have looked at backing the frontrunner near the end of a race in quite some depth and have found it to not be as easy as some here may think, so I thought I would add my thoughts based upon my own personal experience, plus a few words of warning before people jump in and think they've found a 'money maker'.

For a start, no stoploss is going to help near the end of a race because the odds just move too fast. You would have to set it over 100 ticks from your initial back bet and even then it won't be guaranteed to bail you out. Plus, even if it worked, what you'll be saving is pennies from the bet that you have just placed.

Secondly, it only takes one loss to wipe out any winnings that you may have made in the last 20 odd races. I speak from personal experience here. The reason being that you'll only be getting returns at 1.05 or less generally. Unless you attempt to back and then immediately lay with greening whilst the odds are coming in.

Thirdly, I'm not sure how you could ever automate this entirely. Race times vary, even over the same distance, so when does the bet get placed. If too soon, because the odds for the lead horse are shortening to those that will trigger the back bet, and you could find your horse being overtaken before the finish line.

Finally, what criteria will trigger the bet. I've seen 2 horses neck-a-neck almost as they head towards the finish and, in those circumstances, have decided against betting because the race is too close to call. However, the odds will have 1 of those horses at odds of under 1.3 whilst the other horse will be out at 3.00 or more.

Now, if this spreadsheet can address these primary issues, then perhaps it will work.

As I say, these are just my observations. I will be downloading the spreadsheet and trying it out for myself to see where it stands and will add any further comments if I feel they can help.
pete_i

Postby pete_i » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:49 pm

[quote="zogark"]configured to put bets 1.1 :) However bets were made at 1.14 and 1.18 this should not happen ...

As has already been stated, this will happen, and the most likely times when this will happen is when your horse's odds are drifting out because it is about to get overtaken by another horse and you sit there helpless because there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
pete_i

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets