Odds Recorder For Technical Analysis

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Odds Recorder For Technical Analysis

Postby eduardoneco » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello everyone.... First of all I like to congratulate to all of you that shared this samples sheets and help to improve the knowledge to all of us....

Regarding this spreadsheet I have 2-3 suggestions to made. I connect the sheet to Cymatic and found that this could even be better like it does right now...

1- The recorded data is upside down. I think it could be better if the this data were topdown. (Ex. 11:40:21; 11:40:22; 11:40:23, 11:40:24)

2- The data starts been recorded when we enable logging. I my particular case I´d like to record the data after the market goes in-play to monitoring the price movements. It could be better to all if this option were available, so this suits pre-live traders and also in-play traders.

3- When we do horse trading, we all know that the markets some times goes in-play after the finnish. With the auto-pilot ON, the market changes when the previous market finish (missing the photo-finish) or change on the schedule starts time in the next race (missing pre-live trading). I don´t know if this is possible, but the market could change for example 1 minute before to the schedule starts time of the next race. With this we can get those photo-finnish finals and move to the next race in time to make same movements pre-live.

Don´t know if you can understand this last suggestion, but with the other 2 suggestions it would make a good improvement on this sheet. My knowledge about Excel is medium but with VBA codes is very limited......

Best regards, Eduardo
eduardoneco

Postby eduardoneco » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:07 am

Anyone can help me on this sheet:

1- The recorded data is upside down. I think it could be better if the this data were topdown. (Ex. 11:40:21; 11:40:22; 11:40:23, 11:40:24)

2- The data starts been recorded when we enable logging. I my particular case I´d like to record the data after the market goes in-play to monitoring the price movements.

Thank you very much for any help you can give....

Best regards, Eduardo
eduardoneco

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:28 am

Hi Eduardo,

It is just personal preference, but think it works best when the newest row is at the top, instead of the bottom:

1. Would be the wrong way round for charting.
2. You have to keep inserting the new row at the bottom, but the bottom would be a different row each time, until it eventually became to big for the number of rows in the spreadsheet, so you'd have to start deleting the top row each time, which shifts them all up.
3. You can't see the latest data if it keeps going in at the bottom at a different row further down each time, instead of the top.

You could add a condition in the VBA logging code, to tell it not to log the data unless the market is in-play, which is a value given in one of the cells in the spreadsheet.

If you eventually decide to get someone to do the work for you, then just post a request in the Find A Developer section of the forum and I hopefully Neil will be able to give you a good price.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby eduardoneco » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 am

Thanks Gavin for fast response....

I think I can manage the code to start recording when market goes in-play... Now to manage the code to record data topdown is more difficult to me (newbie)... I have to adapt my thoughts in a reverse way....

If I have troubles I can try to ask Neil to help me on this....

Best regards, Eduardo
eduardoneco

Postby Floydrose » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 pm

This is a great help, so thanks very much!

Is there a way to record other markets too? Say, match odds H/A/D, Over 2.5, Both teams to score etc?
Floydrose

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:15 pm

Hi Floydrose,

If you want to record multiple markets at the same time, without changing the code of the spreadsheet, then you could simply make copies of the workbook (saving each with a different file name). Then you would be able to open multiple workbooks, rather than opening multiple sheets in the same workbook. Each workbook would be capable of recording the market that is being displayed in its Cymatic worksheet.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Floydrose » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks Gavin, great I got it working
Floydrose

Postby Floydrose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:22 pm

I know this is more about excel but anyone have tips on how to turn the numbers into a graph?
Floydrose

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Floydrose wrote:I know this is more about excel but anyone have tips on how to turn the numbers into a graph?

Simply highlight the cells in Excel that you want to use to make a graph, then choose the Insert Graph option and then follow the options to choose graph type. The graph will be inserted into the spreadsheet as an object that you can drag and move.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Floydrose » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:25 pm

That's great thanks for the help Gavin.
Floydrose

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets