Application will not start

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Application will not start

Postby martinboyce » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi Gavin,
I clicked on my Cymatic platform today and it will not start.
It just says cannot start application contact the application vendor - any ideas ?
Start error.docx

All the best,
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martinboyce

Re: Application will not start

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:09 pm

Hi Martin,

Please click on the details button in that error window and then copy of paste the detailed contents into a forum message for me to see.

If "File not found" is buried somewhere in those details, then it probably means that your anti-virus software has gone overboard and decided to delete part of the Cymatic installation. In which case you'd need to delete all traces of the Cymatic installation as mentioned in the document attached to the post located here:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic143.html#p591

then set up your anti-virus permissions and then re-install Cymatic. You can't just tweak the anti-virus, you must also remove the traces of the messed up installation otherwise subsequent installations will fail. Anyway, lets see what the detailed error message is first.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby martinboyce » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi Gavin ,
I have added the c+p details of the message for you. I will go through the procedure as per your instructions and maybe resolve the issue.

Take care,
Martin

“You'll never know the the outcome unless you just go out there and just do it.”

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Martin/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Internet%20Explorer/Quick%20Launch/Advanced%20Cymatic%20Trader%20for%20Betfair.appref-ms%7C
Server : Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
Deployment Provider url : http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... pplication

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Advanced Cymatic Trader for Betfair.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [16/07/2015 22:30:59] : Activation of C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Advanced Cymatic Trader for Betfair.appref-ms| has started.
* [16/07/2015 22:30:59] : Performing necessary update check as specified by the deployment.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [16/07/2015 22:30:59] System.ArgumentException
- Value does not fall within the expected range.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, String& errorPageUrl, TempFile& deployFile)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available
martinboyce

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Martin,

Thanks. Yes, the instructions that I linked to should fix that.

Alternatively like you might like to simply try this as a quick way to clear up traces of the failed installation:

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Just run that command at a command prompt in Windows.

Thereafter, it that doesn't enable your re-installation to succeed, then follow the longer instructions in the document (clearing the relevant registry entries and deleting the installation sub-directories etc).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby martinboyce » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Alls well Gavin , thank you for your support as usual.

All the best,
Martin

A winning effort begins with preparation.
martinboyce

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Great. I'm glad to hear that it is working OK again.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby bamthwok » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:53 am

Hi Gavin,

I'm a new user and downloaded the software but I try to run it I get an error message (see attachment).

Please advise what I have to do.

Thanks,
bamthwok

Cymatic error log.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bamthwok

Postby Gavin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi bamthwok,

The pertinent text within the error message is "Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section."

When I googled that error, most of the results seemed to suggest that the problem can be caused if you are trying to run software on a network shared drive, or your D drive:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5168880/error-creating-the-web-proxy-specified-in-the-system-net-defaultproxy-configur

However Cymatic usually installs in the user profile directory (%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0), which is usually on the same drive as Windows (C:). Are you trying to install the software somewhere other than on the C drive?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby bamthwok » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

No, I'm trying to install at my C drive.

The installation procedure is not creating any folder in the Programs directory. I also can't find anything related to cymatic in the registry.

I'm also not using any proxy server.

I'm really lost here. I'm running a lot of software related to betfair and don't have any problems.

I hope you have some more ideas.....

Cheers,
bamthwok
bamthwok

Postby Gavin » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi bamthwok,

That is correct, Cymatic doesn't install into the Programs directory. It is what is known as a ClickOnce application (nothing to do with the one click feature in the software, it is just a term relating to a particular type of installable program. ClickOnce programs install in the user profile directory as mentioned above.

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

For example:
C:\Users\Gavin\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

Then there are some sub directories within that, they have strange encrypted names, and somewhere within them there will be the actual executable program file (CyTraderBF.exe).

Anyway, it sounds like your installation isn't getting that far, so you probably won't find the file mentioned above.

This has me stumped for the time being. Normally the only Cymatic installation problems are caused by anti-virus software wrongly interfering, so it is always worth checking whether an installation is more successful with your anti-virus software deactivated beforehand.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Help / Support