Application will not start

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: Application will not start

Postby Gavin » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Stewart,

Thanks for contacting me and I’m sorry to hear about that.

Which anti-virus software are you using?

This problem happens when anti-virus software has made a mistake and has blocked the Cymatic new version. This happens for no good reason other than the fact that the anti-virus software companies sometimes won’t assign a reputation score to new software versions from small vendors until enough of their community of users have downloaded it.

Please uninstall Cymatic via the Windows Control Panel, if Cymatic is still in the list there.

Then you will need to clear the cache, in order to remove any traces of the failed installation, by running this command at the command prompt:

rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

Then if necessary, check your anti-virus settings to ensure that you have white-listed the Cymatic program. You might need to know the name of the Cymatic executable file, which is CyTraderBF.exe

And finally reinstall Cymatic.

If that doesn’t overcome the anti-virus issue, then please take a look at these more full instructions here:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic143.html#p591

If I know which anti-virus software is causing the problem, I can also contact the company to try to get the latest Cymatic software version tested by them and so added to their central whitelist. So please do drop me a brief reply to tell me which anti-virus software you are using, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Help / Support