Application will not start

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: Application will not start

Postby crstokes » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:46 am

Hi Gavin,

That's done the trick, I was rather concerned the other files were related to other programmes/applications and would create difficulties elsewhere.

Thanks again for your prompt response

Regards

Cliff
crstokes

Postby Gavin » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for informing me, I'm glad it solved it.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby steveroisin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi Gavin,

I'm having the "application cannot start issue

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\steve-lappy\Desktop\Advanced Cymatic Trader for Betfair.appref-ms| resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.

Ive tried uninstalling but doesn't seem to do anything and I also tried running
rundll32 %windir%\system32\dfshim.dll CleanOnlineAppCache

heres the full detail

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.18444
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... pplication
Server : Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
Deployment Provider url : http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... pplication
Application url : http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... e.manifest
Server : Microsoft-IIS/7.5
X-Powered-By : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : CyTraderBF.application, Version=1.0.0.185, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e1b26e6e33dddd9c, processorArchitecture=x86
Application Identity : CyTraderBF.exe, Version=1.0.0.185, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e1b26e6e33dddd9c, processorArchitecture=x86, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... pplication resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [01/10/2015 09:17:50] : Activation of http://www.cymatic.co.uk/AdvancedCymati ... pplication has started.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:50] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:50] : Installation of the application has started.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:50] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:51] : Found compatible runtime version 4.0.30319.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:51] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:53] : Downloading of subscription dependencies is complete.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:53] : Commit of the downloaded application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [01/10/2015 09:17:53] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Subscription)
- Unable to install this application because an application with the same identity is already installed. To install this application, either modify the manifest version for this application or uninstall the preexisting application.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckApplicationPayload(CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CommitApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, CommitApplicationParams commitParams)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState& subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Thanks in advance for your help :0)

Steve
steveroisin

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi Steve,

Please try delete all the files inside this location (delete ALL files and folders in there, even the folders with strange encrypted names):

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

For example:
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

If that doesn't then enable you to re-do the installation, then you'll need to also edit the registry as mentioned in the document here:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic143.html#p591

Sometimes strange things happen after I release a new version, for example if your anti-virus software gets confused and deletes part of the new version, or if your internet connection temporarily went down during the download of the new version. So please keep an eye on your anti-virus software to ensure that it doesn't try to block or delete Cymatic inadvertently.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby steveroisin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 pm

Excellent, thanks Gavin - deleting the contents of 2.0 did the job ;0)

thanks for the quick response

Steve
steveroisin

Postby Oddball » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Gavin,
When starting Cymatic today I receive an error that a file cannot be found in the C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\J9DAWVV\ZHJ\B3Z5RATY.WAX directory or that I may not have permission to access the file. The full file name is not provided but the characters that are provided unhelpfully match with a number of the files in the directory.
Additionally Norton (which has never complained about Cymatic before today and I've been running them together for 18 months of so) kicks in and tells me that it accessed and removed a security risk WS.Reputation.1.
I could try to delete and reinstall Cymatic but given Cymatic is already in the ‘allowed list’ of applications for my Norton installation I'm not sure that will fix things.
Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Oddball

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Hi Oddball,

Thanks for your message.

Norton Anti Virus has made a mistake and has probably deleted the Cymatic program executable file. Is the file CyTraderBF.exe missing from the directory that you mentioned? Unfortunately anti-virus software tends to be overly aggressive. "WS.Reputation.1." is a generic term that probably mean that Norton hasn't been able to calculate a reputation score for the current version of Cymatic, because there are not enough Norton users around the world running Cymatic. In my opinion it is a blunt way of assessing software that does harm to small software suppliers.

To solve the problem, please uninstall Cymatic from the Control Panel | Programs list, if it is still listed there.

Then you must clean the application cache before attempting to re-install Cymatic. That will remove any traces of the failed installation so that you are ready for a new installation. To do that you must run a command, that is explained in the forum. Click this link to view that message containing the required command:

Command to Clean Online App Cache

Then reinstall Cymatic and make sure to tell Norton to allow Cymatic if it asks you. Some anti-virus software, doesn't even ask you, it just blocks installation of new software versions, which can look confusing.

In my own personal opinion, I would actually just get rid of Norton and stop using it. I recommended using Windows Defender as the only anti-virus software program that is needed. It comes free with recent versions of Windows. It is much better at not making false positive detections and it has never blocked Cymatic to my knowledge.

I will be releasing an updated version of Cymatic hopefully in the next few days, so there is the possibility that Norton will delete that version too. If so, please just follow these instruction again to get it working.

I will also try to write to Norton (Symantec) to ask them to try to add Cymatic to their white-list of known good applications.

As a user of Norton (by Symantec), you are able to report false positives to them here:
Report a false positive detection to Norton

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Oddball » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42 am

Hi Gavin,
Thanks for the quick reply. Yep - the Cymatic executable was missing. Deleted Cymatic but there is something weird with Norton Security - I can't turn it off! Loath to delete Norton Security permanently as I have been running their products for years and this is the first time I've had problems like this. I will delete and reinstall Norton and see if that helps - if not then I'll take it up with Norton (Symantec). Thanks again for your help.
Oddball

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 am

Hi Oddball,

OK thanks. In due course, I'd be grateful to hear the outcome.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby stewarthall1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 am

application will not start...no error message just tries to start then nothing
stewarthall1

PreviousNext

Return to General Help / Support