Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby lostdesper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 am

Hello again, i need help one last time i hope ;) In attached file I have my lay the field data: what im interestin is the column ip min, which is set with blue color. Can You please tell me where to put this column into your spreadsheet?

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lostdesper

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Lostdesper,

Sorry, I don't provide individual guidance on how to program or setup strategies in Excel. Perhaps someone else might help. Otherwise you could consider asking in the Find A Developer section of the forum (for example Neil), which I gather is very cost effective.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby lostdesper » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:40 pm

oh, ok I'll write him about this problem ;)

Regards
lostdesper

Postby mteamgolf » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi all newbie here

I've been testing out this spreadsheet. Today I hooked it up to the autoplilot and left it to run while I was out. Is there anyway you can show profit and loss with this in demo mode

Thanks
mteamgolf

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi mteamgolf,
Sorry nothing is already setup to do that automatically. There is another sample spreadsheet available on the forum, made by one of the users, which stores the probable profits of each market you trade I. Excel in demo mode, but I think it requires you to click a button just before changing markets each time.
So you could make a new version to do it more automatically, or ask Neil (third party coder) for a quote to do it for you. Find him in the Find A Developer section of the forum.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby jackomolly » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi
Can l use my wps office to run The Lay The Field Spreadsheet
Thanks in advance
jackomolly

Postby Gavin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Hi Jackomolly,

Sorry, it definitely requires Microsoft Excel, so it won't work with WPS office.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Hello there. I'm on my trial with the software but experiencing a problem with the Lay the Field Spreadsheet recently downloaded. I have excel 2003 and patches to work with 2007 and had few problems in the past. Currently I have a problem with the LTF spreadsheet downloaded recently and get name? appearing in the Odds and Stake columns. I think I have found the problem at BF3 where I have name? appearing instead of 0. The formula reads =_xlfn.COUNTIFS(J8:J27,"<" & BF1,J8:J27,">0") but I think there could be a clash with the COUNTIFS with my excel. Is there an expert here who could offer me some help or is it a case of my Excel not being compatible? Thanks. ;)
telstar2

Postby nig299 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:47 am

Never used a 2003/2007 patch before so I can't comment on that.

The equivalent function in Excel 2003 is Sumproduct, and the equivalent formula would be along the lines of:

Code: Select all
=SUMPRODUCT(--(J8:J27>BF1),--(J8:J27>0))

You can't use a whole column reference with sumproduct, so be aware that any cell references (in this case J8 to J27), in the formula always have to be the same size, so

=SUMPRODUCT(--(J8:J27>BF1),--(J8:J28>0)), wouldn't work.

Word of warning though. Formulas like this are very resource hungry, and you'll find that the more you have the slower your workbook becomes, so don't go having dozens & dozens of these in one workbook.

Cheers, Nigel
nig299

Postby telstar2 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 am

..... thanks Nigel you are a star! I will give this a whirl and see if it works. Will report back later. Very much obliged. ;)

Yes it worked like a charm. Everything working fine thanks to you and your fine skills. :)
telstar2

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets