Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Cym27 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:06 am

Gavin wrote:
Cym27 wrote:I was testing the Lay The Field spreadsheet yesterday in Demo mode and came across the following situation a couple of times:

In the following photo, the horse on row 9 had been favourite, dropped below 2 in the odds and was therefore laid. Then the horse on row 8 took over favouritism, dropped below 2 (1.99) in the odds, but failed to trigger a LAY bet.

Hi Cym27,

The formula monitors the best available price to lay, not the last traded price. So it is possible that the last trade was at the back price, if the market was 1.99 to back, 2.00 to lay. This would not have triggered a bet because the lay price was not below 2.00. I wonder if this explains that situation that you saw.

Some users may prefer using the last traded price rather than the best available price. I think I might be more inclined to use the best available price for this strategy, but it is just a personal preference. You can change the formula if you prefer.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Ah - that could explain it as I was watching the last traded price. Thanks for making that clear and it would explain why the Lay bet went in later for the same horse when the price fell again. Thank you.

Steve.
Cym27

Postby PerdeVanOorsee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:58 am

Non triggering query to Gavin.png
Gavin wrote:Hi Otto,

Please check that you have selected the option to 'enable trigger commands' in the window that pops up when you are about to connect to Excel.

To load the autopilot you must click the button in the tools section. This brings up a window for selecting the autopilot criteria. The autopilot works for all users in all countries. It only selects UK and Irish races. Please check the date range that you selected.

Kind regards,
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

'enable trigger commands' is ticked and I have tried some ridiculous settings in Excel to trigger a bet on the Cymatic program but nothing is happening - so I have attached a screen shot for you to scrutinise and possibly give me some advice as how to proceed.

My setup consists of MS XP with sp3 and Excel 2010.

I just love what you are doing and a very BIG thank you..

Regards Otto.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PerdeVanOorsee

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Otto,

Does your Excel trigger bets if you just type the commands manually? For example, open a market in Cymatic, then connect to a new workbook (so NOT LayTheField3.xls), then type LAY in command cell and a price and stake in the adjacent cells? It should instantly be detected by Cymatic and the word "PENDING" should appear in the Status cell?

I have only tested it on Excel 2007, but it should work happily on later versions too. I post a message asking people to confirm which versions they have tested.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:24 am

Hi everybody,

Here is the place to help out by telling me what Excel versions you are using and have found to be compatible:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic703.html

I have tested it with Excel 2007, but it should work with later versions and hopefully some older ones too. By replying in the topic mentioned above, we can confirm all the compatible versions, thanks.

Thanks to all,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby PerdeVanOorsee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Gavin wrote:Hi Otto,

Does your Excel trigger bets if you just type the commands manually? For example, open a market in Cymatic, then connect to a new workbook (so NOT LayTheField3.xls), then type LAY in command cell and a price and stake in the adjacent cells? It should instantly be detected by Cymatic and the word "PENDING" should appear in the Status cell?

I have only tested it on Excel 2007, but it should work happily on later versions too. I post a message asking people to confirm which versions they have tested.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Yes, that's exactly what happened...so what must I do to get 'LayTheField3' to react likewise...???

Thanks in anticipation
Otto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PerdeVanOorsee

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi Otto,

I have now found a bug that only affects Windows XP and only occurs if any formulae (in the the price or odds trigger cells) have a result equal to empty text, i.e. "" (two quotation marks), instead of a number. Obviously we want to be able to show those cells as empty sometimes, because it looks better than zeros.

I have fixed in the code and will soon be releasing a new version of Cymatic that contains the fix. Once the new version has been released, your software will be automatically updated - it checks for updates each time the software is opened. I'll post an announcement as soon as the new version has been released.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby PerdeVanOorsee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:19 pm

That's great news - thanks a million Gavin
PerdeVanOorsee

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:06 am

I have now released the new version of Cymatic 4.5.0.0 which fixes the problem mentioned above that occurred only in Windows XP (triggers were being ignored if a price or stake cell contained a formula that had evaluated to a blank value, i.e. empty text).

Thanks Otto for bringing it to my attention.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby PerdeVanOorsee » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:24 am

You're welcome, but most of all, thank you, for rectifying the problem so quickly.
Keep up the great work.
All the best
Otto
PerdeVanOorsee

Lay the field

Postby Armstrongn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:30 am

Hi Gary,

I just wondered what the liability is for laying the field with the criteria you have set based on £20 stake?

Kind regards,

Neil
Armstrongn

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets