Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:15 pm

telstar2 wrote:..... back from an all weekend wedding, so had a bit of a rest from this. Gavin your Excel version looks completely different to mine. I understand to get Developer Mode I click F11 is that correct? How about Visual Basic Button, what do I click to get that? Found some more info on a post dated August 22 nd 2015 in the Frontrunner section on the board index, so applying some of those conditions to the mix to that what I already have. Very first race monitored today two came in matched. Long may this continue. ;)

Hi telstar2,

I am glad to hear that your test results are sounding promising.

Then the Visual Basic button will appear as the left most button on the Developer tab. The Design Mode button is also on the Developer tab. If the Developer tab is absent from the tools ribbon across the top of your version of Excel, then you can enable it in the Excel settings (instructions for enabling the Developer tab can be found in Google).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:39 pm

..... thanks Gavin. I am now having some trouble in getting the Autopilot to work. I think that I tick everything you advocate in the video LTF, but although I tick all races of interest, it does not seem to move on. Autopilot button is ticked. How about At In Play button in Tools? Do I keep cancel or is it changed to keep in play? Or is it no touched at all? ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:21 pm

.... Thanks Gavin. Got the Developer tab up and running. Had to go into Google as advised and enable. Now got Developer and Visual Basic so something else learned. Not many big strides today. Monitored eight races with 5 no lays and 3 where the leading horse got through solo. Another question - How do I change the Stake value in the LTF sheet. Currently has 20 in there and I would like to reduce to 2 for the time being just incase the bet gets through at 20 while I am still experimenting. ;)
telstar2

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 pm

Hi telstar2,

The stake is in cell BB3. Isn't that visible on your sheet? All the settings are in those green boxes in first 4 rows of columns BA to BK.

There is no need to change the At-In-play setting in the tools panel, in order to make the autopilot function. That setting just determines the persistence type of the bets.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:28 pm

.... yes I see the stake but I was wanting to ensure that I could alter this somewhere in the code so that it is £2 automatically and to stop me being forgetful and maybe letting it slip through at £20. You never gave me a reason why Autopilot is not progressing through the races on auto. Can you think of anything which may be stopping this? The remove status cells is ticked, and so is keep in play. But no movement through the races ticked off. Any ideas? ;)
telstar2

Postby Gavin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:13 am

Just change it to £2 in the cell and save the workbook with a new name, so that it always uses £2 each time you open that workbook.

I'm not sure I can give you an exact reason for the autopilot not moving forward based on the information provided. Perhaps the autopilot might not move forward if you have selected races that don't go in-play (some non-UK ones probably don't go in-play). Stick to UK and Irish races and use the auto-pilot trigger that detects the end of the race.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:05 pm

..... double checked everything and looks to be working fine now. Never thought about altering the worksheet stake and saving. Simple when you know how! Thanks Gavin. ;)
telstar2

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:59 am

Hi telstar2,

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad to hear everything is working fine now.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 pm

..... good to see all the rubbish disappear and getting back to normality. Still have not found a magic recipe for LTF to produce constant winning results. Maybe others have found that also and gone on to bigger and better things. Will have to have a rethink about this and see if there are any overlooked ideas still lurking about out there. ;)
telstar2

Postby StefanBelo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:19 am

telstar, could you try to run this strategy:

https://betfair-datascientists.github.i ... utomation/

I try to run with positive results up to now, using different betfair app.
StefanBelo

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets