Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby telstar2 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:21 pm

...... Hi Gavin. I would just like to clarify what cell BF3 contains in the LTF spreadsheet. I think it states that if there are more than or equal to two secondary
horses at odds shown in BF1 then monitor. Is this fully correct? ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 pm

..... back to testing tonight but a bit of a late start only allowed me to monitor 7 races. Fully intended to only test above 2miles but time and opportunity prevented that and only two of these were 2 miles and above. No sprints. This resulted in four races which none were matched. Two races where there was one crept through without any partner. One race we had two matched at 1.61 and 1.59 so nothing to shout about there. Must play around with the secondary odds again. ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:33 pm

..... Hi Gavin. Just been having a look at some of the videos on youtube, particularly the one on LTF. Whilst absorbing all your comments with immense interest, i thought that I would like to look at Developer Mode. However I don't know whether my version 2016 has this. Can you advise please and also where Visual Basic is also. Many thanks. ;)
telstar2

Postby nig299 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Open excel then press alt/F11.
nig299

Postby telstar2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 pm

..... thanks Nigel, you always seem to pop up at the right moment. Is it easy to pick up Visual Basic and learn yourself? Did some testing tonight but seems to be the same story. About half the races getting no lays and around four races where just one got through again. But alas no cigar for any where two came in together. Will have to have a rethink. I know what I would like to do, but no programming skills to do it! ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 pm

..... forgot to mention that I will be missing from action over the weekend. Wrapped up in a wedding all weekend, not mine but not back until some time on Sunday. So have not left the fold. ;)
telstar2

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:41 pm

telstar2 wrote:...... Hi Gavin. I would just like to clarify what cell BF3 contains in the LTF spreadsheet. I think it states that if there are more than or equal to two secondary
horses at odds shown in BF1 then monitor. Is this fully correct? ;)

If you hover the mouse over that cell you should see the comment that it contains:
"Input here the number of horses that you want to be below the price in BF1, including the favourite."

So it is not referring to just 'secondary horses', but includes the favourite. In other words, it is a condition requiring there to be at least that number of horses to be below the price in BF1, including the favourite, for a bet to be placed. So with the default settings it means that there must be 2 or more horses (the number set in BF3) with odds below 3.8 (the number in BF1).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:51 pm

..... back from an all weekend wedding, so had a bit of a rest from this. Gavin your Excel version looks completely different to mine. I understand to get Developer Mode I click F11 is that correct? How about Visual Basic Button, what do I click to get that? Found some more info on a post dated August 22 nd 2015 in the Frontrunner section on the board index, so applying some of those conditions to the mix to that what I already have. Very first race monitored today two came in matched. Long may this continue. ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:54 pm

..... Hi Nigel. Thanks for all your contributions. Have a few ideas but would need a small program. Feel like doing this for a fee of course? :D If you are interested please pm me and will discuss. No harm done if you feel it is not for you. Cheers. ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 pm

.... only had enough time to monitor five races tonight. Most races were under 1 mile as I tried to turn my attention towards shorter distances. Five races in all which resulted in three races where nothing got through matched. The other two races yielded great results, both of these had double lays so there was an overall profit to declare here. If time permits tomorrow, I will most certainly follow shorter distances. ;)
telstar2

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets