Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Hi Derek,

Ah good, thanks for letting me that know you sorted it.

Happy trading,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi Gavin. I have been playing around with the Lay The Field spreadsheet and may I say that it is a well laid out plan. I am looking for ways to eliminate an early laying of just one horse and wondered why and where odds of 3.8 arose from and at which point the trigger is fired to lay the leading horse. Was the 3.8 something that historical records supported, or was it just an arbitrary figure plucked from somewhere to enable the bet to be fired? Perhaps part of the problem of just getting the one horse matched is due to this figure being too high. I suppose there has to be a happy medium to allow the trigger to be fired, but my thoughts are bordering on lowering the secondary odds and maybe going some way towards getting that all important second horse matched also. I suppose it is also down to just how close the second horse is pushing for the win. ;)
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:39 pm

.... I don't know whether it was beginners luck or whether my ploy worked. But work it did. I lowered the odds for the secondary horse in the 19-20pm at Uttoxeter and two LAYS duly obliged. First time of trying also, so maybe time will really tell! ;)
telstar2

Postby Gavin » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:54 am

Hi Derek,

I don't think the number 3.8 was put into the sample sheets following a great deal of empirical testing. It was probably just there to demonstrate a number that seemed sensible, then for users to test and adjust according to their own appetite for risk / reward.

You are correct to say that the lower that number is, the less races you'll have in which any bets will be triggered, but the greater chance those bets will have of at least two horses being successfully matched.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 pm

I thought so Gavin. I think now that the way forward is to experiment with those secondary odds to reach a happy medium. I am having a small program done shortly by someone outside of the forum, but was disappointed at the lack of response from Cymatic forum developers. Does not seem to be a lot of appetite for new Excel experiments. :roll:
telstar2

Postby StefanBelo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Are you able to analyze data for this strategy? If yes I can prepare some data.
StefanBelo

Postby telstar2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 pm

.... Hi Stefan. I don't know whether you are talking to Gavin or myself, but welcome any contribution you may have. Not easy to get anyone ready to air their thoughts on here. I don't think there is much wrong with the strategy laid out by Gavin on his spreadsheet. I really think that the secondary horse currently is coming into the equation at far too high odds. What is really needed is for at least one other horse to be able to compete with the leader at the right time to enable at least two lay bets to be triggered. If you have any data just fire it in and see what sense can be made of your findings. Cheers. ;)
telstar2

Postby StefanBelo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:41 pm

I asked you.

I have just written simple code to save such data for now just showing charts from them, but I need to process the data. So my question is are you able to do it and in what format you want the data for analyzing?

I can leave program to gather such data from all tomorrow's races.
StefanBelo

Postby telstar2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm

....Thanks. Not really experienced at this sort of thing but willing to have a look and see what it involves.Some simple form of Excel sheet might be OK? What sort of thing are you keeping tabs on? The odds of the secondary horses or similar? ;)
telstar2

Postby StefanBelo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm

So you will not analyze data by some algorithmic method, but just browse data manually through excel spreadsheet?

I am able to gather a lot of different data, one program, for instance produces list of favorites' changing the first position, for last race for instance:

11. 7. 2019 21:13:43 Toro Dorado: 2.00
11. 7. 2019 21:13:49 Teodora De Vega: 1.70
11. 7. 2019 21:13:55 Isle Of Wolves: 1.56
11. 7. 2019 21:14:00 Teodora De Vega: 1.70

I will see what I can prepare for you. I do not use excel.
StefanBelo

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets