Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Cym27 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:22 pm

If you mean you wish to test 2 different strategies independent of each other then you can open 2 instances of Cymatic and connect each to a different spreadsheet on the same PC.

HTH,

Steve
Cym27

Postby Gavin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:26 pm

Hi Zed,

Thanks for your message.

Steve suggestion is a good option.

I can see that it depends on how you have programmed it, as to whether it would work. For example, if the two strategies are both trading the same market, then you probably won't be able to reliably look at the 'bet summary' columns in Excel to determine if a strategy has already got bets a particular selection, because those bet might have come from the other strategy. Perhaps instead you can try to use Visual Basic to log what bets each strategy is sending, or use two Betfair accounts.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby ericburgess » Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 am

I payed field manually @1.4 in several races and was matched in all races and on the excel sheet none were matced.could this be that as my bets are not to be placed until 2 horses reach trigger prices and as this is near the end of race the bets forwarded are too far back in queue and because of speed of changing prices remain unmatched?also any ideas on settings for lay the field spreadsheet would be greatly appreciated.i would also recommend Steve who helped me greatly with installing excel to anybody who like me needed help.
ericburgess

Postby Gavin » Wed May 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi Eric,

If two horses are not under the trigger price then the bets won't be sent by the spreadsheet, so I don't think it would be anything to do with queue position if the bets aren't being sent.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Snowflame » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:12 pm

I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. The favourite appears to get matched but not the 2nd or 3rd selections even though bets have been placed? My demo bank has dropped from £1000 to £850 in just a few bets!!

Could it be that my internet speed is not firing the bets in fast enough?
Snowflame

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi Snowflame,

I wonder if price moved and triggered your bets on the 2nd and 3rd favourites, but then the price moved so quickly away that your bets were unable to be matched by the time they arrived in the market.

In other words, if the market prices shoot off higher very rapidly then your lay bets might not be matched.

Even if price doesn't move quickly, you could still find that the bets are unmatched. For example if you set the spreadsheet to trigger the bets when price falls below 2.0, and to submit the bets at 1.61, then the bets won't be matched unless the price on those runners continues to fall to 1.61

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Snowflame » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks Gavin. that makes sense. Will keep trying.
Snowflame

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi Snowflame,

I have moved your query about attributing profit to the demo balance to a new section in the forum located here:

Attributing profit to demo balance

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby telstar2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi Gavin. Downloaded the excel spreadsheet and loaded it into Cymatic. Something is working but I don't seem to get the conditions box from BA1 to BA4 and between BG1 and BG4 appearing at all. Nothing seems to enter into these cells. No Green boxes or anything else. Any ideas what I am initially doing wrong?
telstar2

Postby telstar2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:40 pm

It's OK Gavin I have found out what was wrong.Loaded Book 1 instead of the copy spreadsheet. All working fine and even managed to get two lays Epsom 8-20pm. Not a fortune but encouraging at this stage. Need to look at the Autopilot and offset videos for more info. Thanks.
Derek.
telstar2

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets