Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Laugro1968 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Gavin,

Thank you for this great software!
Would a conditional formatting in column P on the "Lay the field" spreadsheet be resource hungry and slow excel?

Thank you,

Laurent
Laugro1968

Postby Gavin » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your comment.

Yes, conditional formatting does slow down Excel, but you might find that it doesn't make a significant difference unless you are doing a lot of calculations.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby umangcash » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:53 am

Hello Gavin,

I am facing problem in running excel lay the feild. Auto bot is not switching to next race and bets are not placing because race ends quickly or some API delay problem. I purchased VPS also for quick work but there also same issue .Please suggest good settings to work on. I have followed all steps found on your youtube tutorial.

Here is the images of my Problem.

Thanks
Waiting for your reply,
Umang
umangcash

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:22 am

Hi Umang,

Some races do not go in-play at Betfair. Therefore you can't use the autopilot trigger type 'At end of in-play' because it only works for races that it can detect have gone in-play.

If you want to use the autopilot to trade races that don't go in-play, then please select the autopilot trigger type to make it jump forward at the 'Scheduled Start Time'.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby umangcash » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:20 am

Hi Gavin ,
Again i am facing problem
I tried every thing but triger is not working.....what to do now?
umangcash

Postby Gavin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Hi umangcash,

Have you changed the autopilot trigger to ''Scheduled Start Time'?

If so, are you saying that the autopilot is still not jumping forward when the race start time is reached?

If so, Is the time on your computer set to UK time? This is probably necessary. The software looks at your PC clock to determine the time, so for example if your computer clock in Windows says 12:00 but in the UK it is 13:00, then perhaps it won't realise that it is now the start time for the 13:00 race. Please try using UK time on your PC clock and see if that solves it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Laugro1968 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:47 pm

Hello Gavin,

I've used LTF strategies before and thought about the one you generously propose in the first thread.

Can I ask you:
1. I understand that the race better be competitive for the strategy to be effective, so the condition of having several horses run under a specified odd makes a lot of sense, but what kind of edge do you gain by adding the condition that one of them has to be running below the odds of 2? I've seen races where a runner touches below 2 for just a fraction of seconds, in which case it would be too late to place a lay bet (let alone getting matched)?

2. Is your advice to concentrate on 5f, 6f and 7f races based on your experience as a trader for this specific strategy?

Thank you for your reply,

Laurent
Laugro1968

Postby Gavin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi Laurent,

I have provided the spreadsheet for illustrative purposes only, for you to experiment with.

I prefer not to try to give specific advice on how to make money, for a variety of reasons, I hope you understand.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Laugro1968 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi Gavin,

I do understand and will experiment!

Best regards,

Laurent
Laugro1968

Postby Zed011 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi

I found this example very useful for start, thanks Gavin.
Right now I have algorithm that is under testing phase with real money, but very small amounts, just to feel the ride :D

Now I have few more ideas to test, but don’t know how to test 2 different algorithms with different logics and different triggers when to put LAY/BACK on same market.
I tried to open 2 Cymatic app on 2 different PCs, but it is not working.
Any suggestion?

BR
Zed
Zed011

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets