Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Samples developed by Cymatic and others. Please share your spreadsheets here.
Forum rules
Users can post their spreadsheets here, to share with others and for discussion purposes.
If you download a spreadsheet from here, please carefully test any strategies yourself before using it with real money. Cymatic accepts no liability for any spreadsheets in this forum.
Now bring on the robots! Happy automated trading... :)

Re: Lay The Field Spreadsheet

Postby Gavin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi Sjaak,

It sounds like your connection to Betfair was congested or had temporarily failed. Are your refresh rate intervals too frequent? Check your API Refresh settings in Cymatic.

When the Status column says "FAILED", you should look at the Report column to see more details of the failure reason.

You can also go to the Cymatic main window and look in the Status Log tab, to see the details of any error messages that have been logged during the current session.

Regarding clearing the Status cells in Excel, you would need to choose the option "Clear status cells when selecting a different market", either in the window that opens the connection to Excel, or in the Excel button menus near the top of the Cymatic grid.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:59 pm

I have released a new version (4.1.1.0) of Cymatic this evening to fix a little mistake in one of the titles in Excel. In cell AU5, it was supposed to say 'Matched Lay Bet Info' (but instead it said Unmatched Lay Bet Info).

Apologies for any confusion.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Gavin,

Tried it again with new downloaded workbook. Changed nothing, only the stake.
This was in the sheet:

Status Matched Odds Amount Matched Bet Ref Time Report

PLACED 1,01 2 52872922131 19:38:32 OK This is from the sixth bet. before this one, only "PENDING" in the status cell.

And still placed 6 laybets on the same horse.

Sjaak
Sjaak

To make a bot is easier then making money with it!
sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi Sjaak,

Maybe there is a bug if you change the stake to less than the minimum allowed by Betfair (in live mode, not training mode). I'll look into this. Does that sound like it?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi Sjaak,

Yes that was the cause. My apologies for that problem. I found a bug that occurred when you tried to send bets via Excel with a size less than the minimum stake allowed by Betfair.

This has now been fixed and I have released the new version of Cymatic, v4.3.0.0. Very small bets will work fine in Excel now.

Many thanks for detecting the problem and informing me.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby sjaak1943 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:55 am

Gavin wrote:Hi Sjaak,

Yes that was the cause. My apologies for that problem. I found a bug that occurred when you tried to send bets via Excel with a size less than the minimum stake allowed by Betfair.

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Try it again this afternoon, no need to apologize, BETA testing!
Keep up the good work.

Sjaak
Sjaak

sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:11 pm

There is now a video explaining this strategy and showing it in use. In the video I also make suggestions for how you might enhance the strategy and also discuss using the autopilot. I have added the link to the first post, but here it is too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cwdtPMKfQ
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi Gavin

Thanks for your Lay the Field videos. I've always been a little dubious about the technique, as I suspect many people are just providing liquidity for the tracksiders, or guys with a fast satellite feed. Adding extra conditions, as you have shown in the video, has produced good results already - albeit in demo mode.

For the guys and gals who want to use Autopilot, I suggest some kind of stop-loss for your bank, to prevent a losing run or error from potentially draining your account. I've just thrown this code together, so check and adapt if necessary before using with real money. Feedback and improvements are welcome.

Enter the stop amount in BG4. In demo mode, enter 0 in BG4. If your account balance drops to the value in BG4, BH4 will show FALSE.
Code: Select all
=IF(K4>=BG4,TRUE,FALSE)

2015-07-18 17_21_19-Microsoft Excel - Cy-Slant-The-Field-v-1.png

The Command code has been edited to read from BH4. Where FALSE is returned, bets cannot be placed.
Code: Select all
=IF($BH$4,IF($BB$4<>TRUE,"Deactivated",IF($J8>=$BB$1,"Watching prices",IF($J8=0,"Price is 0",IF($BH$3=FALSE,"Strong fave","LAY")))))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby sjaak1943 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:22 pm

It should be nice to get the results of the bets in an extra tab in Excel.
So it can be used for moneymanagement or, if you like that, loss recovery.
It's stored in the program Cymatic, maybe there's a way to get it in Excel also?

Sjaak
Sjaak

sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Nice work Adenlark
Gavin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Excel - Sample Spreadsheets