Clearing the cells in the Status column - RESOLVED

Questions about integrating Excel and Cymatic, programming, formulae, etc

Clearing the cells in the Status column - RESOLVED

Postby rikimarofair » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 am

Hi Gavin
First let me give you my congratulations for this software, and to put it a notch above all the other software with the excel integration.
But i noticed a problem the status collum don't refresh for itself.
For example if i put a back order, and when that collum gets "placed" or "greened" value if i want to give a nother order i have to delete it myself.

http://gyazo.com/cb67c98e5be4eab1e6fbcb715784b598
in this example i want to give a green all order but the status cell dont refresh, the order olly takes place after i delete the value for my self.

http://gyazo.com/92bb1c2cd415e7b028afed9b87b65d20

Its there any way to solve this?

Best Regards Rui Tomé
By the way sorry for my english.
rikimarofair

Re: Excel

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Rui,

This is not a bug, it is designed like that to protect you. If the Status cell was always being emptied automatically then you would potentially keep sending duplicate bets repeatedly and never stop until your account balance was all used!

You could consider creating a little bit of code in Excel's Visual Basic Editor, to empty the contents of the Status cell in a carefully restricted manner, for example only if the number of bets is uneven or below a certain number of bets, or whatever criteria you choose. You would need to be very careful not to trigger bets in an infinite loop.

You would probably need to write that code within the Worksheet_Change event. Alternatively rename one of the spare worksheets to something like 'Rules', add a formula to that sheet which permanently displays the contents of the last refreshed cell in the Cymatic worksheet (so that you can cause the Worksheet_Calculate event to fire in the Rules worksheet) and then write your code within the Worksheet_Calculate event of the Rules worksheet.

Another option is to add a "Submit" button to the top of the worksheet, that would simply clear the contents of the Status Column, although this is also a little dangerous if you have commands on more than one line but only want to send one of them again.

I will soon be uploading various sample spreadsheets to show how to do these sorts of things.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Clearing the cells in the Status column

Postby rikimarofair » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Ok thank's.
I already have created the button, and i have already a stop bet procedure.
I'm testing various ways to "program" various "bots".
Now ill do it whith a simple macro.

Best Regards
Rui Tomé
rikimarofair

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:35 pm

Hi Rui,

OK, I'm glad to hear that you are making such good progress.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Excel

Postby sjaak1943 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:11 am

Gavin wrote:Hi Rui,

This is not a bug, it is designed like that to protect you. If the Status cell was always being emptied automatically then you would potentially keep sending duplicate bets repeatedly and never stop until your account balance was all used!

Gavin

What about a trigger to clear the Status cell, "CLEAR" f.i?
Sjaak

To make a bot is easier then making money with it!
sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Sjaak,

I didn't include a CLEAR trigger yet, because I couldn't see why it would be better than just clearing the Status cells using Visual Basic / Macro. If I am mistaken, please explain why CLEAR would be preferable to Visual Basic, thanks.

Please note that the CLEAR trigger would have to be detected by Cymatic, then Cymatic would have to clear the Status cell, which involves two lots of communication. Each time a communication takes place between Cymatic and Excel, there is a processing overhead (even though it is a just a small one). Whereas using Visual Basic to clear the Status cells is likely to be more efficient because it does not require any communication between the two programs.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby sjaak1943 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:07 am

Hi Gavin,

Understand the logic behind it. so thx for your answer.
My problem is: i'm not that good in VBA so.......
Sjaak

sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Sjaak,

OK. You might like to try looking at the code in the Clear Status button in the LayTheField3.xls sample spreadsheet. You'll find it by going to the Developer tab in the Excel ribbon, then click on the Visual Basic button to open the Visual Basic Editor. The code for the Clear Status button is in Module1.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby sjaak1943 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Gavin wrote:Hi Sjaak,

OK. You might like to try looking at the code in the Clear Status button in the LayTheField3.xls sample spreadsheet. You'll find it by going to the Developer tab in the Excel ribbon, then click on the Visual Basic button to open the Visual Basic Editor. The code for the Clear Status button is in Module1.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I did, but the problem is, when you design a bot, you don't want a button.
I will sort it out, that's for sure, it has to clear after a certain value in a certain cell.
Sjaak

sjaak1943

Postby Gavin » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Sjaak,

OK. Then you want to move the code from the button and put it in an event, such as the Worksheet_Calculate event so that the code runs the check every time Excel recalculates formulae.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Excel - Help / Support