soccer prediction odds

It isn't posh, but Mrs Beckham certainly is

soccer prediction odds

Postby NIKOLAS1958 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:29 pm

hi,
I have used the method of predicting the fair odds of a game and I am very satisfied with it.pls can you tell me the idea behind this method ??????????? I mean how the calculation works by using total mean goal and teams supremacy.

thanks

nikolas
NIKOLAS1958

Re: soccer prediction odds

Postby Gavin » Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi Nikolas1958,

Thanks for your comment, I'm really glad that you like the soccer odds predictor feature. I don't really wish to explain the calculation methods, some of which have taken me a long time to perfect. In essence it uses a combination of mathematical distribution with some additional special modifications that I have added to enhance the accuracy.

Much of the current thinking on odds calculation theory has evolved through various academic papers. It will require a good understanding of maths to read and understand the academic papers.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby NIKOLAS1958 » Sat May 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks for the reply,
but is it possible to use this method for the whole days coupon bcz doing the analysis for each team need a lot of work!!!!!!!!!

Is there any method to do for all teams on the coupon at once ???

thanks

nikolas
NIKOLAS1958

Postby Gavin » Mon May 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi Nikolas,

No it does not automatically load the prediction for all matches for the entire day. You have to do the work for each one.

However, if there is enough interest I could consider starting a chat room (or a forum section) in which users can announce the trading opportunities that they find. This would have at least two potential benefits:

1. Less work to do to find trading opportunities because if many people find different trades and share them, it would save time and work for everybody.

2. If you find a trade and then tell the community, other users might then take the same trade (after you). So those users will help to push the market in the predicted direction and thus give the trade an even better chance of success, especially if you were one of the first people to take the trade.

Please reply if you would be in favour of something like a chat room / forum topic that encourages the community to share and copy each other's football trades for mutual benefit. If so, it would be interesting to know if lots of people here would consider contributing by finding and then announce trading opportunities, or would everybody just want to read and copy trades found by other folks?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby boxman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Hi all,

I have just joined Cymatic and having downloaded the software and watched the videos on youtube am very impressed.

In the past I have gambled with some success at the dawn of the internet age but was then gradually closed down or stakes restricted by the bookmakers so around 2009 turned to betfair and dipped my toes in trading.

I attended a Peter Webb (Bet Angel founder) seminar and was also one of the early members of Pro X trading run by Matt Finnigan a FT trader so have a good grasp of trading with various strategies.

This was all a few years ago before I resumed my career as an accountant after taking a short break. I am going to revisit football trading again now and am very interested in testing out the soccer predictor once the new season starts and would be keen to be involved in some sort of chat room to discuss opportunities (this was what we did with Pro X using skype with much success). If you have enough like minded people willing to help each other then a group forum is an excellent resource.

Pre race horse trading is just not for me as its too fast and frantic i much prefer the slower pace of pre match football with large stakes looking to make 2-3 ticks then exit the market pre ko. The only reservation I have with pre match football is that you tie up your bank for most of the day on 1 or 2 matches whereas with pre off horses the opportunities are plentiful (7 meetings x 6 raceards) could mean 42 opportunities per day.

Still a profit is a profit and better that than losing money in something that does not suit your trading style

All the best
Dane
boxman

Postby Gavin » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi Dane (boxman),

Thanks, it was interesting to hear your experiences. Yes, I'm hoping that over the coming months there will be plenty of interest expressed in having a chat room for football trading. I have experience of using Skype for chat rooms and know it works well. Last time I used Skype for a chat room was a few years ago, but I recall that it was good for text and voice and some screen sharing, but didn't provide a whiteboard feature. Anyway, I'll look into all that again in due course.

Thanks again for expressing interest. Happy trading and best wishes,

Gavin
:)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Gavin

I'm in favour of some kind of private members chat, similar to what Tradeshark uses on his forum. I would be quite happy to pay a modest fee to join, as this would help Cymatic financially, and I would feel less guilty about taking more tips than I can give. An open forum would work, but I feel some people will just use the tips provided, and not give anything back to the trading community. The people putting in the effort to find and share good trades may lose interest in sharing.

I'll put in my vote for a Skype-based chat service/chat room. It has the required features, mobile versions, oh, and annoying Micro$oft ads... can't win 'em all ;)
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi adenlark,

Thanks for your input. Yes I was wondering if it might be a good idea to provide the chat room as part of some sort of private members group / service. This would also ensure that the chat room doesn't get flooded with support questions about unrelated subjects, by people who should really be using the support forum instead of the chat room.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby rowbot » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:35 pm

adenlark wrote:
An open forum would work, but I feel some people will just use the tips provided, and not give anything back to the trading community.

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

As Gavin has said previously, if you find a value bet at say 3.0 which you evaluate should be 2.8. You would back it at 3.0 before you make your post. As others agree with you, there will be an element of the price being driven in the right direction in part by your prediction. You will then have a chance to cash out at a profit.

I think this element may get eliminated if the forum is too restricted.
rowbot

Postby Gavin » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 pm

Good point rowbot. The more people that follow the tips / trade opportunities, the better the chance of success for the original poster of the tip.

Hopefully the right balance can be found, so that any chat room works best for trade finders and trade copiers. If not, we could try to evolve it into something better over time. Depends how many people join any such room.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Soccer