Percentual stakes - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Percentual stakes - ADDED

Postby Miggi » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Hello,
after my conversation with Gavin, I created this topic finally, so other users could see and also support this idea with their opinions. I think this is very common "upgrade" which can be easily made in few minutes (hours maybe? :D ).
So, as Subject tells, I think it would be great to place bets according to percentage amount of money, instead of fixed numbers. I hope I am not the only one here, who have some money management and use just some % of money as bet (in my case it is 20%). Now we can use Stake and Liablitiy, after this, there would be %Stake and %Liability too :) Gavin told me, that if this idea will be supported by other users, he will give it higher priority, so if you want it, support it! ;)
Miggi

Re: Percentual stakes

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi Miggi,

Thanks for posting as discussed.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby kittrad » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Great! Giving this a +1 as well.
Tick Offset Image
kittrad

Postby janns » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:15 pm

+1
janns

Postby Angelo » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:23 am

I definitely welcome this.

I too request for an option of using percentual stakes at the earliest, if, as suggested, it ' can be easily made in few minutes (hours maybe) '.

However, a very important point to be noted is, the user must be ALWAYS made fully aware of his chosen option.

Suppose one wants to back bet £100 but inadvertently chooses 100% of the bank and the bet gets matched immediately and the game goes against his favour? :oops:

To avoid this, a ceiling for the percentage can be set within the settings of the program (which is not to be easily accessible), and if the placed percentage exceeds this, the software can refuse to place the bet.

Thanks!
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi Angelo,

Betfair are making changes to their API to replace price requests with pushed prices (streaming) so I am having to modify the Cymatic software, which means that I can't add any new features at the moment. Sorry. It is frustrating to have to make these changes for Betfair, when I would rather be making changes for customers.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:03 pm

I can understand, Gavin. Please introduce the feature as and when possible. Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:20 am

Hi Angelo, thanks for your kind words and your understanding of the situation.
Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Hello Gavin,

Any update on this suggested feature?

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi Angelo,

Actually, I am about to do some work on staking options, some of which I hope will be included in the next release of the software.

One of the most requested features is the ability to have something like a freebet column (similar to the Green To column on the ladder, but using net stakes instead of green stakes), so I am about to work on that. If possible I will try to also implement % staking option in the same new version.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions