Re: offset and stop-loss - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Re: Stop Loss (separate from offset)

Postby Gavin » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi shortswing,

Thanks for posting a message. Actually I did make a recent comment a couple of days ago (about 4 posts before yours in this forum):
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic455-10.html#p2267

So it is coming fairly soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby seaspell » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi Gavin,
Just read the forum and was pleased to see other people thinking along the same lines as me.
Stop loss without having to use the tick off-set feature would be a big plus .
Having an option to specify at what odds to close the trade on the stop-loss button is the BEST idea ever. I seem to spend so much time working out the number of ticks to enter .

I've just noticed a very useful feature from another trading platform for the horse racing market. This is a timeline which appears, showing the horses distance to the finish line and their constant progress.
Rather than relying on Timeform radio and live streaming which my poor internet speed can't handle, this is an excellent indicator for the progress of the race.
An even better idea is to use a graphical interpretation of where each horse is in the race to see when i need to use (or not use) any form of stop- loss if the trade is going against me. That's probably just silly though!!

Kind regards,
Harry
seaspell

Postby Gavin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes the visual race progress timer has been suggested already. You'll probably find it somewhere in the forum if you use the search tool.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby zogark » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:06 am

another idea that will be able to be good is to separate the scratch from robot had already spoken with gavin some time ago about this

topic583.html?hilit=scratch#p2823

;)
zogark

Postby canuk » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:54 pm

Dilemma using STOPLOSS In the Excel command line.

Hi Gavin:

I notice this has been a topic, prior to the availability of Excel, so posting my experience here, rather than a new topic. I know how busy you are, and if this maybe a major programming. I only raise again to enlighten, Excel users to the issue.

I would like to use the OFFSETx to escape a BACK order if it is beginning to fail, but do NOT want it to trade out, if it goes on to win.

As Cymatic requires an OFFSETx to enable STOPLOSx, to function. AND
While it is possible to calculate a max. offset, based on "Asking Price".
The OFFSET value has to be rational, otherwise the order fails. (cannot result in an offset <1.01)
e.g. putting an offset of 999 fails to execute (programming this might be quick work around option??)
The actual "Matched Price" can be far higher, even higher than the "Order @ Price", in a volatile market.
This results in a premature market exit, at the OFFSETx of a winning choice.
Using the "Last Matched Price" to calculate the max offset is also questionable.

As a workaround I have tried using detection logic to initiate a "GREEN" order as a defence, but the delays, in keeping the status cells clear, for this to be immediately are not very effective. It would be far for effective if this could be locked in with the initial order, with Cymatic.

If it was possible for Cymatic to accept a stoploss request without the offset, and to be effective at whatever the "Matched Price" was settled at, it would be GREAT.

Regards
Bob
canuk

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your message.

As you probably noticed, the separate stop loss is now available in Cymatic, but currently only by right clicking on the ladder.

I agree that it would be good if the separate stop loss was also available as parameter for orders placed via Excel. I'll aim to try to implement that at some point in the future :)

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions