Re: offset and stop-loss - ADDED

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Re: Stop Loss (separate from offset)

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:05 pm

Hi Lavenham,

OK thanks. Yes I am thinking of implementing the separate stop loss as a right click option.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby kittrad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 pm

+1. I'd like to have stop loss without offset please! :)
Tick Offset Image
kittrad

Postby Andreos » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Hello Gavin,

What is the stop loss amount criteria? In the 1st attachment it looks like it maximizes the losses, leaving the winning position with zeros. In the 2nd attachment it maximizes the winning position, leaving the opportunity to green up if your selection keeps going in the wrong way, which is also dangerous in case of reverse.

I think when you change the stop loss feature, you could also add the option to choose the stop loss criteria, like distributing the losses evenly by all selections, or minimize the losses of the selection wich the stop loss has been activated, and others you may think important.

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andreos

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi Andreos,

It depends whether you have chosen 'green' offset. The stop loss is tied to the offset settings. Please see this post for more explanation:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic448.html#p2028

It is probably usually wisest to not tick the 'green' feature of the offset, if you are also using the stop loss.

In the future I will separate the stop loss from the offset and provide the user with more control over how the stop loss stake is implemented, along the lines that you mentioned.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Stop loss revisited

Postby Derustzelve » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Gavin,

I searched within the forum and saw that back in mid 2014 you were working hard on the stop loss functionality, without it being attached to the offset bet.

I was wondering how you are faring with this option, and when we might possibly see it encorporated in the software. Any news on that?

Thanks
Derustzelve

Re: Stop loss revisited

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Derustzelve,

This feature is amongst the top items on my priority list. I am hoping to do it within the next couple of months but it is hard to be precise.

To try to keep the discussions together, I have moved your post to this existing discussion on the same subject.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andreos » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:39 pm

And Gavin,

One more functionality attached to this nice to see (if possible, off course) would be "match stop loss at best price avaiable", because in very volatile markets the price can pass trough your stop loss and not get matched. So, with this functionality checked your stop loss would be matched at the immediate next best price avaiable.

Regards
Andreos

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:00 pm

OK Andreos,

Good idea, but potentially very dangerous because the price could move an unlimited amount. Maybe better to just use a large number of ticks in the 'Place At+' setting, so that you can limit the extremes.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Andreos » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:01 pm

But Gavin, why do you say it´s very dangerous? Isn´t it worst to let it run until it eats your entire liability?

And how does the "Place At+" really works? Let´s say you have a stop loss of 20 ticks and the price moves trough it without touching it. And you have the "Place At+" of 10 ticks. When the price moves against you for 25 ticks, the "Place At+" gets trigered, or only when the exact 30 ticks are hitted? And if so, don´t you loose your all liability if both the stop loss and the "Place At+" are not touched?

What it seems you are trying to say is, in other words, it is very danger, don´t make that kind of bet.

Regards
Andreos

Postby shortswing » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:37 pm

I am new to the forum and the first thing I searched for was whether there are plans to introduce a stop loss separate to the offset - which I feel is important. I see the posts go back a long way but this enhancement still has not materialised (as far as I can see). Is there any news on this?
shortswing

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions