More tips on choosing robot settings

Videos, tutorials and tips on using the software

Re: More tips on choosing robot settings

Postby Gavin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Hi Alberto,

Yes, a new version of Cymatic has been released today that includes Excel integration. You can now create your own robots in Excel (for example, using VB code or formulae in Excel).

Robots you build in Excel, will not affect the built-in robot feature on the Cymatic ladder, they will be two separate things.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kraixx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:52 am

JamesE wrote:Hi Gavin,

Can you have both the Scratch and Robot Stop Loss boxes ticked when using the robot? So if the robot is unable to scratch for a break-even, it will close out for a loss of the number of ticks entered in the Robot Stop Loss field?

Thanks

Hello Gavin I wanted to follow up with what James said here. Since I'm new to this software and never used it. What does it make more sense to have the robot stop loss field checked at? Should It be set to 1 tick since the robot itself works on one tick? Or is it better to say leave it at 10 incase it misses the break even scratch and also the one tick below? If I set it at 10 will it stop loss at the 1 tick if the money is available to be matched? Will the stop loss not work if its say set at 1 tick and the money misses the scratch and 1 tick stop loss?

Thanks
Kraixx

Postby Kraixx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:51 am

Nevermind my question. I think I understand it now just thinking about it. It depends on the money on the ticks below and above as to how many ticks you would want to set for the stop profit loss. If plenty of money around you could set it to 10 and if you miss the scratch bet your bot would immediatitely cancel that bet and put it in 10 ticks away but betfair would match you still and the best price available. If I set one tick stop profit loss though and your bot cancels the scratch bet and puts that in one tick away and that money disappears, the bet would just sit there correct until such time it either got matched or I lost my stake. I would have to stop the bot and manually bet on the other side to reduce the amount lost? The same case for not using the stop profit loss thing at all, if scratch misses the bet sits and it's upto me to stop the bot and do it manually?
Kraixx

Postby Gavin » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi Kraixx,

Actually the stop loss is only triggered when the market touches that price, not simply because the scratch was missed. So if the scratch is break even, and the stop loss price is 10 ticks above, then the scratch bet will sit there at the breakeven price trying to get matched until the market moves up by 10 ticks, then the stop loss will be triggered and the stop loss bets will occur at the price 10 ticks up from where you started.

Yes, if the bets don't get matched and the market moves very quickly against you, then it is up to you to manually close the position, or just leave it and hope that it comes back to fill your bet. Alternatively try using the Take SP feature (UK and Irish horse races) as mentioned elsewhere in the forum. That would ensure that your unmatched bet does eventually get matched when the race turns in-play, albeit at the SP price.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Kraixx » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Got it thanks.
Kraixx

Postby Bozu » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Gavin,

The robot trading option is one aspect that I think will help me overall. I have read through the thread so far, so apologies if these are a repeat questions.

Q1. When the robot decides to enter a trade with a back or lay, what is it's main trigger decision based on?
Q2. Can I use the offset & green up in conjunction with the robot trade?

Wish I'd found cymatic 2 years ago!

I have watched the videos on youtube and will need to revisit them again for sure, one area that I need to clarify.

Q3. The liquidity and stratch options are very good tools to have, is there a recommended % between the two to give low to medium risk exposure?

I usually over-think things, so decided to try a simple idea with moderate success yesterday.

I stuck to the horse with the highest amount matched in betfair (usually the favourite), and played around with robot settings. I found 5 minutes before the off time better as there is more activity. When I had an unmatched back/lay position that I left in-play, the Take SP option didn't fire. (probably as it was test mode)

Q4. In live mode, would the Take SP option fire? (probably at a loss on the trade)
Q5. If the Keep drop down was selected, what would the robot try and do in-play?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Nick
Bozu

Postby Gavin » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi Nick,

Please see my answers below.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Bozu wrote:Q1. When the robot decides to enter a trade with a back or lay, what is it's main trigger decision based on?

The liquidity being above a certain level at each front price.

Bozu wrote:Q2. Can I use the offset & green up in conjunction with the robot trade?

No.

Bozu wrote:Q3. The liquidity and stratch options are very good tools to have, is there a recommended % between the two to give low to medium risk exposure?

Sorry I don't state recommended parameters, it partly depends upon your own appetite for risk.

Bozu wrote:When I had an unmatched back/lay position that I left in-play, the Take SP option didn't fire. (probably as it was test mode)

Correct, Take SP only works in live mode.

Bozu wrote:Q4. In live mode, would the Take SP option fire? (probably at a loss on the trade)

Yes, if you have selected Take SP in the 'At In-Play' box in the Tools section in the main program window.

Bozu wrote:Q5. If the Keep drop down was selected, what would the robot try and do in-play?

Yes, but that is not recommended because the liquidity changes too fast in play.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bozu » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:11 am

Gavin wrote:Hi Nick,

Please see my answers below.

Kind regards,

Gavin

Bozu wrote:Q1. When the robot decides to enter a trade with a back or lay, what is it's main trigger decision based on?

The liquidity being above a certain level at each front price.

Bozu wrote:Q5. If the Keep drop down was selected, what would the robot try and do in-play?

Yes, but that is not recommended because the liquidity changes too fast in play.

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the responses.

Would you mind clarifying Q1 a little. I understand the robot fires a back and lay price in betfair as a front price dependent on the personal liquidity/scratch/stop loss settings. How does the robot decide to enter a trade? (maybe weight of money momentum?)

The In-play market is a real beast for sure. :shock: I think it still has role to play in trading though. The total matched market nearly doubles before the end of the race as other betfair customers try to trade out or smash the 1.01/1.02 selections. The charts are really good as indicators to help gauge an exit, although there is a larger loss it potentially. The flip side is that a bigger profit can be maximised if the selection is running well too.

Once again, great software and thanks for your responses.

Kind
Regards

Nick
Bozu

Postby Gavin » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:28 pm

Hi Nick,

I believe that the full workings of the robot are already explained in the user manual:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/Robot.aspx

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Bozu » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Gavin wrote:Hi Nick,

I believe that the full workings of the robot are already explained in the user manual:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/Robot.aspx

Kind regards,

Gavin

Thanks, have re-read manual. Starting to sink in.. :)
Bozu

PreviousNext

Return to Videos / Tutorials