More tips on choosing robot settings

Videos, tutorials and tips on using the software

Re: More tips on choosing robot settings

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:37 am

Hi NemId,

It is unlikely that I will be in a position to program individual robot strategies for users. However, I would like to add a bi-directional link to Excel, this would enable any strategy to be programmed using Excel. Very complex strategies can be programmed in Excel using its built in Visual Basic Editor feature. I would hopefully provide a sample robot as a template in Excel, showing people how to do it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby alanfortune » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:13 pm

The Robot seems quite good but I notice that there seems to be no 'Green' setting. As is, I win a little if the horse wins but break even if it loses. I would prefer to 'Green up' so that both positions win a small amount. Is this possible?

Also, if a Working LAY is left at the off, it always seems to get matched eventually even though 'Take SP' is selected. Do you only 'Take SP' when the market is 'Suspended'.

Alan.
alanfortune

Postby Gavin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi Alan,

The greening was considered but I have left it up to the user to manually click to green up all the robots bets in one click after stopping the robot for example just before the off. I'll try to explain the login behind this decision:

If one side of the pair of robot bets has been matched (e.g. the back), then the other unmatched side bet (eg the lay) might have to be moved to scratch or to act as a stop loss. If the position always had to be a perfectly balanced green (or balanced red) then both the stake and price would have to change when the second bet is moved to scratch or act as the stop loss. Betfair do not allow us to change both the stake and the price of a bet simulataneously in one request, so to do it would require the robot to request the cancellation of the bet, thenwait for confirmation that it was cancelled and had not been matched, then issue the new bet at the new stake and price. So it is massively faster to simply move the existing bet to the new location without having to change the stake or wait for the confirmation of a cancel request, thus requiring just one request.

As speed is so important to the chances of getting a profit, or not missing a scratch or stop loss, this was the way I felt it had to be done.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby alanfortune » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. Could you explain when a Working Bet is set to 'Take SP'. Does this happen when the market is suspended or at the off?
Alan
alanfortune

Postby Gavin » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi Alan,

The 'Take SP' action is done by the exchange in the moment when they switch the race to in-play. The Cymatic software is not involved in that part of the process.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby JamesE » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Gavin,

Can you have both the Scratch and Robot Stop Loss boxes ticked when using the robot? So if the robot is unable to scratch for a break-even, it will close out for a loss of the number of ticks entered in the Robot Stop Loss field?

Thanks
JamesE

Postby Gavin » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi JamesE,

Yes you can have both ticked and it works exactly as you described.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby danjo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 pm

Is there a start buttom to put bets or something like that? I´d like to put a bet in a horse just if the odds goes to 1.5 in-play or under this odd, is it possible?
danjo

Postby Gavin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Hi Danjo,

There is not an option to trigger a back bet at a lower price, although that will be very easy to do in the next version of Cymatic which will be linked with Excel. Sample spreadsheets will be provided showing how to do various things. I am hoping to release that version within 1-2 weeks.

I am also considering adding triggered orders within Cymatic directly (without Excel) in the future.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby a.td91 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Gavin,

I didnt have clear in this post the following: is it possible in this version your software to import a vb code from excel to build up a strategy for the robot feature?

Best regards,
Alberto
a.td91

PreviousNext

Return to Videos / Tutorials