multiple windows with graphs

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

multiple windows with graphs

Postby wolffie76 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi Gavin
I looked into cymatic software and haven't seen one option which permits opening of multiple windows and graphs under them. Could be very useful when trading first 4 horses for example, one can see how odds move for the most liquid participants. I've seen something like this on youtube in bet angel I guess.
If there is such an option would you forgive me, thanks.
wolffie76

Re: multiple windows with graphs

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 am

Hi Wolffie76,

My apologies, the buttons for opening multiple charts and multiple ladders do not seem to be shown in the user manual. The two button are near the top of the grid window (they have the number 3 on them along with a picture of a ladder / chart respectively).

You can either:

1. Open several ladders (or a window containing multiple ladders), each with a chart display at the bottom of each ladder. Use the ladder menu to display the chart and save to the default ladder setting if required.
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/CustomizeLadder.aspx

or

2. Open a window containing multiple charts using the button located near the top of the grid.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:13 am

Currently, the maximum number of multiple ladders that can be shown is 7, whereas for multiple charts it is 20. Can the number of multiple ladders displayed made available for all the runners, or at least 20 as in the case of multiple charts?

EDIT:
Also, there was a 'Pin To' Button [together with option to resize windows] in both the Multiple Ladders and Multiple Charts Interfaces, which was very useful. Now I do not find it. Can it be made available again, please?

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:13 am

Hi Angelo,

I had a look at this today, it might be possible to add lots more ladders inside the multi-ladder container window. However I don't think you'd get many more than 7 ladders to be visible on a single screen at once. So if I coded it to include a lot more ladders within the container window, only the first 7 would be visible on the screen, meaning that and you'd have to scroll across to see the other ladders, using the scroll bar that would appear at the bottom of the multi-ladder container window.

Is that worth having? I mean, if you can't easily see them without having to scroll back and forth?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Hello Gavin,

Thanks for saying "...might be possible to add lots more ladders...". It is good news for my purpose.

Here is a screenshot showing how I occasionally use Multiple Ladders for my specific Trading purpose.

111.jpg

(Screenshot of the full desktop takes more file size than can be uploaded here, so only part of my desktop is shown.)

As can be seen, my normal screen resolution of 1600x900 can accommodate another 8 Ladders! I am sure computer screens larger than mine can accommodate far more than these, apart from dual/multiple monitors - even with many more columns of the Ladders visible.

I think using the scroll bar (that would appear at the bottom of the multi-ladder container window) wouldn't hurt for those who require the functionality.

The ladders which are seen as unnecessary, can of course be closed by those who do not want them. Suppose if I wish to monitor the ladders of a 20-runner race in which I am not interested in serial numbers 9 to 15, I can simply close them within the multi-ladder container window and continue to monitor the serial numbers 16 to 20 after 1 to 8. [The 'Arrange Windows' option available earlier would be very beneficial if re-introduced here.]

Also, (in case you have not noticed this in my earlier post): There was a 'Pin To' Button [together with option to resize windows] in both the Multiple Ladders and Multiple Charts Interfaces, which was very useful. Now I do not find it. Can it be made available again, please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:56 am

Hi Angelo,

OK thanks, I'll see what I can do to add that capability in a future version. i think your ladders look rather bunched up in that picture! So I am thinking that some scrolling might be needed if there are an even large number of ladders.

Thanks for bringing those bugs to my attention, regarding the missing 'Pin To' buttons and from the Multiple Chart window and the Multiple Ladder window and the missing menu that gets used for arranging child windows within the multiple chart container. That menu only disappeared from the multiple chart window, there never was an equivalent menu in the multiple ladder window. All of those things have now been fixed and a new version 6.4.1.0 has been released. The software will of course update itself as usual the next time you open it.

Good luck at Cheltenham if you are trading it this week.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 am

Thanks for your kind consideration, Gavin.

Thanks also for fixing the bugs related to the Pin To buttons.

Good luck to you too.

Regards.
Angelo

Return to Newbie Island