overall P/L calculation in grid - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

overall P/L calculation in grid - RESOLVED

Postby whitesnake » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:52 pm

I have here placed a bet on 0-0 and one on 1-1 and after first goal is scored, so 0-1 scoreline, it shows a value which I cannot find that it represents the green-up value at that time. Attached is a a screenshot. I would appreciate if you help me finding out what the green-up value represents. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whitesnake

Re: overall P/L calculation in grid

Postby Gavin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi whitesnake,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry about that, it looks like a bug occuring when a horse's price has gone to 1000 (no money available to lay). You can't green up the bet on 0-0, because there is no money available to lay, so the number representing the overall green for the market is wrong because it cannot be achieved.

I will start to investigate the underlying cause of this and fix it as soon as possible.

I'm also moving these messages to the bugs section in the forum (rather than the help section).

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby whitesnake » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:33 pm

ok,

thanks a lot for taking action.
whitesnake

Postby Andreos » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:10 pm

Your goal will be the green up value button on top of the grid to correspond to the value wich all still open scores will be when pushing that button, right Gavin?

You´re probably right on your diagnosys of the problem, since when there are no goals, when you green up on the that button the distribution of P/L are consentaneaus with the green up value button.

Regards
Andreos

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:55 am

Yes, I agree and the value at the top should only be displayed when the entire market can be greened to an equal profit/loss value, otherwise it is meaningless to display a number at the top if it cannot be achieved.

So yes, there should be no value displayed at the top when there are bets on an outcome that cannot be greened up, for example after horse that has fallen over, or a goal scored after you backed 0-0 etc.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby whitesnake » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 pm

are you sure?

I am guessing the green value is p/l on the still active scores - liability on those which are not possible anymore. I think Betfair displays this value on their website. They do it with interruptions though which is annoying since we can miss exit points.
whitesnake

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Possibly but the scores which are not possible anymore cannot be greened up easily, so the liability cannot be evenly spread and therefore I am concerned that displaying a number would confuse people, because the number displayed could not be achieved on all outcomes.

I will look into it some more though.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby whitesnake » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:50 pm

ok, but do not feel pressured by my posts, in the end as it is free I don't feel to have the right to ask for features.
whitesnake

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks Whitesnake :)
I'll get this one resolved fairly soon.
Cheers,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: overall P/L calculation in grid - RESOLVED

Postby Gavin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:43 am

This problem has now been resolved in the new version released today. A number will now only be displayed at the top of the grid for the overall profit available from greening, if it can be achieved. So it will not display a value if some of the runners have no available prices to green against, for example if a goal has been scored after you backed the 0-0 correct score market, or a horse that you backed falls over and its price goes to 1000.

For full details of the new version, please see the version history section of the forum.

Thanks again for bringing the issue to my attention. Kind regards,

Gavin
:)
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs