Training mode accuracy

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Training mode accuracy

Postby Odysseus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 am

Hello,

I wanted to know if the "training mode" behaves exactly like the "live mode", ie, if the "fake stakes" i put will act just like normal stakes and will be corresponded, etc, or does it have some gliches?

Thanks,
Luís Gonçalves
Odysseus

Re: Training mode accuracy

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi Odysseus,

Thanks for posting your message in the forum.

Yes, I have tried to make the training mode as realistic as possible, the following aspects are all simulated reasonably accurately:

1. It respects queue position, so your simulated bets will progress through the queue and your PIQ is displayed as normal in the ladder.
2. Once at the front of the queue, part matching is also simulated. So your bets will appear to be matched (or part mathced) in the normal manner - when other money enters the market that would have matched with you.
3. The traded volumes are also simulated quite realistically, so when your simulated bets are matched, the traded volume at that price in the ladder will increase accordingly.
4. Available prices are accurate too, so when you place an unmatched bet, the money available at that price will appear to increase accordingly.
5. In-play delay is simulated too.

However, there are some slight differences though, when placing simulated bet, for example:

1. When you place a huge bet with at a price that would be instantly matched with other money available, the whole simulated bet is matched at the best available price, rather than several different prices. For example, imagine if the three best available to back prices are 3.8 (£100), 3.9 (£100), 4.0 (£100), then if you place a simulated bet to back £300 at 3.8, it will all be matched at 4.0. So Cymatic does simulate 'price improvement' but slightly differently to the exchange. Cymatic gives you the whole bet at the best price whereas the exchange would have matched you in three different parts at the range of prices.
2. Self-matching is possible, but could result in a slight difference in the reported volume traded at that price (in the Traded Volumes column). Normally people don't try to match with their own bets, so it is unlikely that you will ever encounter this small inaccuracy. For example if you have an unmatched back bet for £2 at 5.0 and you are at the best price, with no other money avaialable from other participants, then if you place a lay bet for £2 at 5.0, your lay and back will be matched together as normal, but the volume traded column will appear to increase by £4 instead of £2 (see below*).
3. Persistence types (Take SP and Cancel) are not simulated when the market turns in-play.
4. Of course, other participants can't see your simulated bets, so you can't affect other peoples decisions like you might with real bets.

* Cymatic usually displays 50% of the traded volume compared to the website (in both real and demo mode), because we regard this as more meaningful. For example when two different participants bets of £10 are matched together, Cymatic shows volume increasing by £10, whereas the website shows £20. However in demo mode, if the two bets are both your bets (self matching), then we add both bets to the total in the Traded Volume column, because of the way it has been coded it was difficult to count only 50% of them in the normal Cymatic manner.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Odysseus » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks for the extensive reply :) I think it answers well my concerns. I will use the training mode for sometime, see if it goes well. Want to try somethings and i prefer to do it without real money ;)
Odysseus

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 pm

OK. Good luck with your strategy.

Best wishes,

Gavin
:)
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support