v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Details of new versions as they are released

v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:26 am

v3.11.0.0 released 29th November 2014

  • Charts - multiple charts can now be opened with a single click and displayed in one window, (the Betfair style Price/Volume charts).
  • Charts - the maximise/minimise buttons removed from Betfair style chart windows. Can still right click the title bar to see the maximise/minimise system menu.
  • Ladder - can now switch the ladder to a different runner using a drop-down list within the ladder's menu.
  • Ladder - fixed bug that was causing a price cell to be temporarily blank sometimes after a bet was submitted and instantly matched.
  • Ladder - the setting for WindowButtons is now capable of being saved to layout files.
User avatar
Gavin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby flyk33 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:48 am

Hello Gavin

Everyday better and better software. Great job.
Can you do someting more? It would be great if you could make a price line charts and that it could be added in ladder....and allso as you said a market overview chart.

Regards
Igor
flyk33
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 am

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby wbi » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 am

Hi Gavin,

Great updates, however i have a little niggling issue (more a ease of use thingy), with the new pick runner feature from ladder. At the min you have to click settings then select runner, making the process rather redundant, as its just as quick and easy to open another ladder from the grid (main window), Would it make more sense to have the pick runner option (ladder) next to the 'Polarity' option, in the form of a drop down list that shrinks back but keeps focus once selected until you click else where, this way we would be able to cycle through all runners while at the same time being able to see the 'state' the different ladders.

Regards

WBI
wbi
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 pm

flyk33 wrote:Hello Gavin

Everyday better and better software. Great job.
Can you do someting more? It would be great if you could make a price line charts and that it could be added in ladder....and allso as you said a market overview chart.

Regards
Igor

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad you like the improvements.

Yes I am intending to add both of those features soon.

Kind regards,

Gavin
User avatar
Gavin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:20 pm

wbi wrote:Hi Gavin,

Great updates, however i have a little niggling issue (more a ease of use thingy), with the new pick runner feature from ladder. At the min you have to click settings then select runner, making the process rather redundant, as its just as quick and easy to open another ladder from the grid (main window), Would it make more sense to have the pick runner option (ladder) next to the 'Polarity' option, in the form of a drop down list that shrinks back but keeps focus once selected until you click else where, this way we would be able to cycle through all runners while at the same time being able to see the 'state' the different ladders.

Regards

WBI

Hi WBI,

Thanks for the feedback, it is helpful to me. The current version was designed to avoid using any space, because so many people seem to want the ladder to be very efficient in its use of space. However I agree that it would be nice to have an option that is also a bit more visible, or requires one or two less clicks and which enables you to see the change without having to click out of a menu. I'll see what I can do to add a second optional control to pick runners, located in the region that you mentioned.

Kind regards,

Gavin
User avatar
Gavin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby flyk33 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Hi Gavin,

THX. :)

Regards
Igor
flyk33
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 am

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby wbi » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 am

Gavin wrote:
wbi wrote:Hi Gavin,

Great updates, however i have a little niggling issue (more a ease of use thingy), with the new pick runner feature from ladder. At the min you have to click settings then select runner, making the process rather redundant, as its just as quick and easy to open another ladder from the grid (main window), Would it make more sense to have the pick runner option (ladder) next to the 'Polarity' option, in the form of a drop down list that shrinks back but keeps focus once selected until you click else where, this way we would be able to cycle through all runners while at the same time being able to see the 'state' the different ladders.

Regards

WBI

Hi WBI,

Thanks for the feedback, it is helpful to me. The current version was designed to avoid using any space, because so many people seem to want the ladder to be very efficient in its use of space. However I agree that it would be nice to have an option that is also a bit more visible, or requires one or two less clicks and which enables you to see the change without having to click out of a menu. I'll see what I can do to add a second optional control to pick runners, located in the region that you mentioned.

Kind regards,

Gavin


Hi Gavin,

I've been having a little think on how this could be resolved with minimal impact. This is what I've come up with.

Image

Regards

WBI
wbi
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby Gavin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:30 am

Hi WBI,

Thanks for that picture. I have added it exactly as shown in your picture and it will be included in the next version that I intend to release soon.

It will be hidden by default, but you can change that in the settings. To make it visible, you just go into the ladder menu and tick the option called "List of Selections/Horses". Then go to Layout | Save as Default, to ensure that it is visible in all ladders that you open in the future (if desired). This is not available yet, but will be in the next version to be released.

Best wishes,

Gavin
:)
User avatar
Gavin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:11 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: v3.11, switch runner in ladder, multi-chart window

Postby wbi » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 pm

Hi Gavin,

Fantastic :D

WBI
wbi
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 pm


Return to Version History

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron