v3.8 ladder formatting options and colour scheme

Details of new versions as they are released

v3.8 ladder formatting options and colour scheme

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:37 pm

v3.8.0.0 released 2014-11-19

A vast number of cosmetic improvements are included in this version, especially to the ladder and multiple ladder windows. Colours can now also be customised by the user. Here is the full list of changes:

• Multiple Ladder Window - can now contain up to 7 ladders within it and they are automatically resized to fit available screen size
  • Multiple Ladder Window - when a layout file is applied to a child ladder, all the other accompanying child ladders will get the same layout automatically
  • Ladder - added option to change height of rows
  • Ladder - user can now customize more aspects to make very slim ladders.
  • Ladder - the controls at the top of the ladder now flow to fit, thus remain visible even in very slim ladders.
  • Ladder - the What-If feature was ignoring the 'liability' staking type. Fixed so that the calculation now takes staking type into account
  • Ladder - the form that opens for changing values of preset stakes is now kept topmost, so does not appear behind other windows
  • Ladder - the stake box now automatically resizes to use less space
  • Ladder - mouse wheel and up/down keys are now not capable of changing the value in the stake box (avoids accidental changes)
  • Ladder - PIQ can now be shown in price column (optionally), even when bets are also shown in the price column
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying the in-play delay value on ladders
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying race-time countdown clock
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying scroll bars (user can still scroll using page up / page down keys)
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying the What-If calculation
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying the GreenStake calculation at the top
  • Ladder - user can now turn off displaying the Total Matched Amount at the top
  • Ladder - the space reserved for displaying saddlecloth, stall draw and silks, is now hidden if those item are not available (e.g. US races).
  • Ladder - the GreenTo value (i.e. cash-out) now only appears at top of ladder when there is a possible bet (rather than showing a grey zero)
  • Ladder - maximise/minimize window buttons hidden (optional). Minimise can still always be found by right-clicking on the Window title.
  • Ladder - the traded volume column now has an optional graphical format (similar to a bar chart / market profile)
  • Ladder - Last trade now displays in the header at the top of the Price column
  • Ladder - The Total Traded Amount now displays in the header at the top of the Traded Volume column
  • Ladder - user can now quickly turn off displaying various controls by right clicking them and choosing 'Hide'
  • Ladder bet lists - added cancel buttons beside each bet in the bet lists at the bottom of the ladder (and cancel all button just above them)
  • Ladder bet lists - clicking on a bet in the bet lists below the ladder, now opens the edit bet ticket
  • Ladder bet lists - added option to combine unmatched back and lay lists into one list
  • Ladder bet lists - user can now turn off the displaying of column titles
  • Ladder bet lists - user can now turn off the displaying of scroll bars
  • Robot - the controls now flow to fit the space available, thus remain visible even on very slim ladders
  • Robot - the button which toggles the robot panel visibility on the ladder, has been made smaller and given an image of a robot.
  • Robot - added option to turn off the display of the button which toggles the robot panel visibility on the ladder
  • Fixed a bug in training mode which caused some new orders to fail to be placed
  • User can now change the colour of various items
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: v3.8 ladder formatting options and colour scheme

Postby Andreos » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Great Job once again, Gavin! This is getting better everyday!

Just two questions:

Where can user now customize more aspects to make very slim ladders? I saw the height of the row, but not the sliming of the ladders. That would be useful to, in order to have more (slimmer) columns when opening many ladders

And I don’t know if is possible, but you could add the possibility to hide the top part of the ladders (where is the timer, stakes, robot button, etc.) with the mouse, same way is possible to do in the bottom part (bet lists). This could give even more price depth and it´s what I do with the bottom part.

Thanks!
Andreos

Postby Gavin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi Andreos,

Thanks for your feedback.

To make each column slimmer you can place the mouse between two column headers and drag the column widths.

You can also turn off various columns entirely by going to columns in the ladder menu (the cog). For example separate PIQ and Last Trade columns are not needed if you have selected to show PIQ in Price Column and the Last Trade in Stake Column from the menu. See this picture:
http://www.cymatic.co.uk/UserManual/CustomizeLadder.aspx

I am planning to give a new option soon, to show the Green To data in one of the other columns (maybe in TradedVol or Price), so that you can further reduce it down to just 3 or 4 columns and still see everything.

The order of the columns can also be changed by dragging them using the column headers.

Regarding the size of the top section (stake, clock, etc), most of the items can be hidden using the menu, or by right-clicking and choosing "Hide". You can therefore reduce the size of that section to just two lines. The first line will have the stake plus a few other things. The second line will have the Profit and GreenTo figures.

I might go ahead and make it possible to turn off the display of even more items! Such as the bet lists, staking type, shirt silks etc. Then the ladder could be reduced to an incredibly slim one, and show the maximum possible data vertically.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby mips » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm

Just saw new ladder options, and this is excellent, a really fantastic. That is just what we need. Also spotted that two little arrows(up/down) for changing stake manually disappeared. I have 8 stake values saved, but sometimes it is necessary to fast change stake amount, and that is much faster with arrows than to enter numbers manually using keyboard. Can you return up/down arrows next to stake amount?
Also when we chose stake amount, we have two options (stake and liability). Can you add payout as option to chose here?
And one more thing is scrolling ladder. One increment mouse move correspond to 3 rows move on ladder. Can you change this to 1 row move per mouse scroll or to add option to be user configurable? This option would save me a lot of time when scrolling a ladder. I will pay for this additions if necessary. Hopefully you will also add fill or kill option soon.
Best regards, keep up good work 8-)
mips

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:14 am

Hi mips,

Thanks for your message

In response, I have now added the user-defined mouse wheel scroll increments and this will be included in the next version as soon as I release it.

Regarding the stake box on the ladder, I don't really want to add the up/down buttons onto it again because of two reasons:
1. When the stake box was selected, the presence of up/down arrows meant that the mouse wheel could be used to change the stake. This was dangerous because some users made the mistake of accidentally changing the stake by scrolling the mouse wheel (they forgot that the stake was still selected) and so when they placed a bet the stake was higher than expected. Rather dangerous.
2. The up/down arrows meant that the type of box for the stake was unable to be easily resized to fit the length of the stake. Saving space on the ladder was one of my objectives.
There may have been other solutions to solve these problem but I wasn't able to find them at the time. Even after I removed the up/down arrows, it took me a long while to figure out how to autosize the stake box nicely, because it is not a standard option that works for that type of control. It is funny how some small things can take ages sometimes!

Anyway, I have made an improvement to the stake box that I think will help you in the next version to be released. When you click the stake box it will automatically highlight the whole text (like when you click on the address bar in a browser). This means that you can easily click it once and then immediately overwrite it with the new stake without having to position the cursor and delete the current value.

Fill or kill is on my list of features to add, so that will be done eventually.

Thanks for the feedback, best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby mips » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Gavin,
It is ok regarding up/down buttons, not so necessary, and one click highlighting whole text in stake box will definitely solve a problem. You said that will add ladder scrolling option and fill or kill, a than we will have definitely top class and very user friendly trading software. Really great job.
Best regards.
mips

Postby Gavin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks mips, really good to hear that feedback.

Best wishes,

Gavin :)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi mips,

The new version 3.9.0.0 has now been released containing some of the features we discussed. Select-all now occurs when first clicking text in the stake box text, plus the scrolling increments of the mouse wheel are now user configurable (you'll find it the ladder menu and can then also re-save your default layout file to store the choice).

Best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Version History