Dutching (provided in Excel)

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Re: Dutching

Postby Gavin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:30 am

...and I have now added a second version of it (found in the same topic on the forum), which enables dutching to a profit target, for back bets only.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Dutching / lay the draw

Postby Angelo » Tue May 10, 2016 4:54 pm

Gavin wrote:.......I do intend to add dutching as a core feature in Cymatic (without having to use Excel) and perhaps this will come next after the Excel work is finished.

Hello Gavin,

Any update on adding Dutching as a core feature in Cymatic ?

Thanks!
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Wed May 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Angelo,

Sorry, I was hoping to add several new features a long time ago, but unfortunately Betfair decided to change their API to introduce the streaming of prices (pushing the prices, instead of constantly requesting them). This has obliged me to a lot of work to ensure that the software will comply with the changes to the API. Consequently, adding new features is currently on hold whilst I make those changes, which could take a few more months.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu May 12, 2016 2:53 am

Yeah, I understand. Looking forward to the intended new features in due course.... :)
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Thu May 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi Angelo, thanks for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby cyuser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:59 am

Hi, I know it's been raised in the past, but a Dutching option would be a very useful item. I do a lot of football trading and not being able to dutch prices in play is hurting as the prices change dynamically. I am trialing Fairbot as they have that feature.
Are you going to have a Dutching feature soon?
cyuser

Postby Gavin » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:24 am

Hi cyuser,

Dutching has always been done in Cymatic using the automated Excel spreadsheets that you can download. There are various ones, including the following and others that you might find in the sample spreadsheets section.

Variable profit dutching

Cymatic Dutching (back)

It is still something on my list to add as a built-in feature for users who don't have Excel, but in the meantime the Excel option has been used.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby cyuser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:14 pm

Ouch, I'll have to look at that tomorrow. I'm not an excel guru
cyuser

Postby cyuser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:43 pm

No, I have read the user manual and it is too complicated. Maybe once you have something running, but Fairbot worked straight out of the tin.
Pity I have enjoyed using Cymatic over the last couple of years, but I need to dutch scores.
Keep me on your email list and let me know when it is integrated.
cyuser

Postby Gavin » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:47 am

Hi cyuser,

OK will do.

If you have a copy of Excel, then I'd suggest focusing on looking at the dutching spreadsheets, in preference to the user manual, because the work has already been done for you to create the Dutching capability in the spreadsheets. So you probably don't need to do much more than just connect the spreadsheets and use the buttons already programmed into the spreadsheets.

Anyway I understand that Excel is not for everyone and I'll keep you notified as soon as Dutching is added to Cymatic in the future.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Suggestions