Installation - anti virus issue

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Installation - anti virus issue

Postby johnmcd22 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Hello, Sorry if this has already been posted but I did have a quick look around with no luck - may be as I am rushing!

Tried to install the software which did not work the first time. I saw the PDF with how to re install If no luck and then it worked. However after about an hour of use my anti virus closed the software due to a threat and now it says I have to re install which neither way works. Any ideas?

P.S the short time I did get to use it, I loved it! Good work.
johnmcd22

Re: Installation - anti virus issue

Postby johnmcd22 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Quick Update: Eventually got it working again using the first reinstallation. However when I went to activate it again I came away from the software to find the activation email. It seemed to have closed again and when I click on the icon to reopen it tries to install again and fails.
johnmcd22

Postby johnmcd22 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 pm

Just another update. Had it working all afternoon and evening, I eventually closed the software but when trying to reopen it via the desktop shortcut it tries to reinstall and fails. Any ideas?
johnmcd22

Postby Gavin » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi Johnmcd22,

I have noticed some users of Norton anti-virus have had problems recently. I contacted Norton at the beginning of 2013 to prevent false positives, but perhaps I need to contact them again now. Microsoft Security Essentials is a free alternative to Norton and has never caused a false positive with Cymatic, so I'd recommend using MSE instead.

However, I attach a document that explains what file directory location to add to your safe list in the anti-virus software, which should solve problems.

Kind regards,

Gavin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 pm

I have submitted a new false positive report to Norton's technical team, so hopefully within a few days, they will improve their database again.

If you use Norton AV products then you might well be suffering from false positives and / or it blocking you from installing software. Several users have mentioned to me that they are suffering generally with Norton. In my personal opinion, Microsoft Security Essentials (Windows Defender) is a good alternative because it is free and does not suffer from all the false positives in the same way as Norton.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Aqui está o documento em Português.

(Here is the document in Portuguese)

Cumprimentos,

Gavin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support